Desperate for a plasma TV, Homer enrolls the family in Fox's latest reality show, which swaps the wives of the Simpsons and the Heathbars, a British family.
- Celebrity Paradox: Dan Castellaneta is introduced as the star of The Tracey Ullman Show.
- Enemy Mine: Patty and Charles's wife hooked up because of their shared hatred of Homer.
- Garrulous Growth: Homer watches a commercial with a dancing and laughing cold sore. It looks annoying as all hell.
Cold Sore: Break out! Ha-ha! Hoo-hoo! Ha-ha! Break out! Ha-ha! Hoo-hoo! Ha-ha! Ha! Hoo-hoo! He-he-ha! Ha-ha!
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: Charles's reaction when he learns his wife is leaving him for Patty.
Charles: You're leaving me for HIM?!
: So it seems. However, Cousin It
there was born a woman.
- Medium-Shift Gag: The episode's Couch Gag is a live-action recreation of the opening.
- Self-Deprecating Humor: Episode writer Ricky Gervais' character speaks in Gervais's trademark rambling manner. Homer isn't impressed.
Homer: You take forever to say nothing!
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: When Lenny gets a flat-screen TV, Homer stays parked on his couch for days. Lenny resorts to flicking lit matches at him to drive him out.