Flanders rents a room to two college girls who host a webcam porn site. Upset that no one in town told him this (and that Homer was the one who told everyone), Ned moves to the seemingly perfect town of Humbleton, Pennsylvania, while a brash coach moves into Flanders' house and begins harassing Homer the same way Homer harassed Ned.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: When Bart mocks grad students while leaving the Limited Appeal Theater, Marge scolds, "Bart, don't make fun of grad students. They just made a terrible life choice."
- Bland-Name Product: Hummel figures are represented as "Humbles" in this episode.
- Et Tu, Brute?: What really makes Flanders upset is the fact that Homer was not only among those who secretly mocked him for the porn site incident but also is the one who informed others.
- It's All My Fault: Parodied. When Homer discovers Ned moved away:Homer: Oh he's gone! And it's all someone's fault!
- Jerk Jock: Coach Clay Roberts is an unruly neighbor who moves to the Flanders house and he immediately starts picking on Homer and keeps blasting loud work-out music.Homer: Hey, Coach, do you mind turning down the music, my baby's trying to take a nap.
Coach Clay: That's too bad, cause my twins are just waking up, dude.
- Jerkass Realization: Homer gets one after putting up with Clay Roberts' antics, and admits to Ned Flanders himself that he must have a lot of patience to put up with a big, dumb jerk like Homer.
- Kinky Spanking: Katja and Viki aka 'scantily clad coeds' who rent a room at Ned Flanders' house explore their sexuality "without restraint" and have a web page sexyslumberparty.com. During one scene, one of them spanks the other with a framed picture.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Homer drove away his very nice and trusting neighbor after humiliating him and years of harassment. Clay Roberts starts bullying Homer as well.
- Passive Aggressive Combat: The people of Humbleton are masters of this, first with pleading puppy-dog eyes to get Ned to shave, then with giving Ned a statue saying "You're on thin ice" when he refuses to shave.
- Series Continuity Error: Ned refuses to shave off his mustache despite the people of Humbleton shunning him for it, and ultimately decides to move back to Evergreen Terrace rather than comply with their request, giving up an otherwise dream job and dream home. Yet he had no problem shaving the mustache off in Bart the Lover, if it meant getting Homer to stop swearing in front of his kids.
- Take That!: When Homer finds Milhouse and Bart laughing at something online, he warns them, "If you say Jimmy Fallon, I'll know you're lying."