Moe becomes Maggie's babysitter after saving her life.
- Accidental Hero: Moe accidentally saves Maggie's life while trying to end his own and ends up being declared a local hero.
- Big "NO!": Homer when he fails to catch Maggie after she flies out of the car.
- Driven to Suicide: Moe tries to throw himself into a watery grave, but ends up interrupted.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Louie is initially horrified when he finds out he'll need to kill his own mother. He changes his tune once he finds out she doesn't actually make good pasta sauce.Johnny Tightlips: It comes from a can.
Louie: She's a corpse!
- Go-Karting with Bowser: The Springfield Mafia holds secret meetings by the Simpsons house so often that Marge has taken to making them sandwiches and lemonade.
- I Am A Humanitarian: Marge and Homer think Moe is going to roast Maggie when Maggie goes missing. Thankfully, they're wrong.
- Noodle Incident: Upon interrupting the Mexican Standoff:Moe: This is the second most guns ever pointed at me.
- Papa Wolf: Moe becomes very parental towards Maggie on multiple occasions.
- Also Homer, as when Maggie was shot out of the car through the sunroof, he runs across cars to attempt to catch her.
- Shout-Out: Moe narrates The Godfather to Maggie as if it was a fairytale. Later, Fat Tony imitates one of the scenes from the movie version, which causes Maggie to go missing by following him.
- Tempting FateLouie: Oh that's so funny I could whack my own mother!Fat Tony: I'm glad you mentioned that.