Krusty runs for Congress when The Simpsons protest against airplanes flying over their house.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: Fox rigs the debate against Krusty's opponent.
- Earlier in the episode, Homer eats a Joe Millionaire promo, then spits out the Fox part of the logo.
- Continuity Snarl: In this episode, Horace Wilcox is stated to be Springfield's representative since 1933, but The Simpsons S3 E2 "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington" has Springfield's Congressman being Bob Arnold
- Goofy Print Underwear: Krusty's has bomb prints.
- "Just Joking" Justification: When Bart tells Milhouse he can't join the campaign dinner unless he pays $100, Krusty says he'll pose for a photo for $200 and have someone killed for $1,000. Upon seeing Milhouse's and the Simpsons' reactions, he says it was a joke.
- Murder-Suicide: Home brings up the idea of it after congressman Wilcox dies from a heart attack to deal with their plane problems. Marge naturally, calls him out on that before he clarifies it as "just an expression."
- No Sympathy: The government official that the Simpsons go to, to see about their airline problem does not care about their troubles. He 'orders' them to go home and learn to live with it, because the government can do whatever it wishes and they can't go against its will.
- Reality Ensues: Krusty finally gets into Congress, but since he's a new member, he doesn't get much of a say in anything (much less pass a new bill by himself).
- RMS Titanic: The congressman who died early in the episode, Horace Wilcox, is stated to have been a Titanic survivor.
- Take That!: To the democratic party. Lisa says she normally wouldn't help a Republican like Krusty with a campaign, but says it would be nice to be on the winning side for once.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: When Mr. Burns says the Republican Party will cover up his affair with a Russian prostitute by claiming it was a spionage mission, Krusty says he found out she's a man.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: How the rest of Evergreen Terrace reacts the issue of the low flying planes is never expanded upon beyond that of the Simpsons themselves.
- Your Mom: Krusty accidentally does this when he makes a speech to Latin-American voters—he says, "I'm going to vomit on your mother's grave," without realizing what it meant. Upon being informed by a translator, Krusty understands why his maid quit on him.