Krusty runs for Congress when The Simpsons protest against airplanes flying over their house.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: Fox rigs the debate against Krusty's opponent.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Krusty's has bomb prints.
- "Just Joking" Justification: When Bart tells Milhouse he can't join the campaign dinner unless he pays $100, Krusty says he'll pose for a photo for $200 and have someone killed for $1,000. Upon seeing Milhouse's and the Simpsons' reactions, he says it was a joke.
- RMS Titanic: The congressman who died early in the episode, Horace Wilcox, is stated to have been a Titanic survivor.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: When Mr. Burns says the Republican Party will cover up his affair with a Russian prostitute by claiming it was a spionage mission, Krusty says he found out she's a man.
- Your Mom: Krusty accidentally does this when he makes a speech to Latin-American voters—he says, "I'm going to vomit on your mother's grave," without realizing what it meant. Upon being informed by a translator, Krusty understands why his maid quit on him.