Original air date: April 21, 2002
In the last clip show of the series, Homer is honored at a Friars' Club Roast and Kang and Kodos crash the ceremony to find out if humanity is worth saving.
- Absolute Cleavage: Agnes, parodying Jennifer Lopez's outfit at the 2000 Grammy Awards. According to Sideshow Mel it is being held together by the collective will of every man in the room.
- Bait-and-Switch: Kang and Kodos appear to be moved by Maggie's memories at first. However, they reveal that their "tears" were actually vomit.
- Cassandra Truth: During the roast, Mr. Burns takes the podium to declare that Homer is a danger to Springfield. The audience doesn't take this seriously, thinking his claims are just part of the act.Mr. Burns: Why are you laughing? His bungling has shortened your lives and mutated your children!
(the audience continues to laugh)
- Clip Show: The last one in the show's run (though some later episodes, like "Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind" and "How the Test Was Won" have mini-clip shows within episodes, showing past examples of character's personalities and incidents). The writers now do Three Shorts episodes if they run out of good ideas for a full episode (and even those were phased out after season 22).Singer: (singing) Sorry for the clip show!
- Continuity Nod: The Imperial March is once again used to introduce Mr. Burns.
- Discredited Meme: In-Universe, the Springfield Police has been cracking down on people impersonating movie characters. Dr. Hibbert and Moe get arrested for dressing like and quoting Darth Vader and Austin Powers, respectively.
- Heh Heh, You Said "X": When Mr. Burns presents the times Homer has caused trouble at the plant:Mr. Burns: Just look at all of his catastrophic nincompoopery!
Carl: (laughing) "Poop."
- Jumping the Shark: In-Universe. The end song features a bunch of crazy ideas mixed with mundane ones, and one of the crazy ideas is Homer literally jumping over a shark.
- Noodle Incident: Kang was involved with Shannen Doherty at one point, and he doesn't want to talk about it.
- Recycled Animation: The same sequence of Dr. Hibbert laughing, Nelson laughing, and Mr. Burns saying "Excellent", is reused a few times during the roast.
- Shout-Out: Chief Wiggum calls Homer "Forrest Plump", and Moe and Hibbert are dressed like Austin Powers and Darth Vader.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Moe complains that Kang and Kodos are stealing his skit, including the helmet that reads Homer's mind (showing a crudely made helmet).
- Visual Pun: One of the stills from "They'll Never Stop the Simpsons " has Homer jumping over a shark in waterskis.
- We Didn't Start the Billy Joel Parodies: The end song "They'll Never Stop The Simpsons". So far, they seem to be right.