Wil and Amberle come upon a settlement of Humans called Utopia during their search for Eretria. Meanwhile Ander deals with the death of his father and brother and what that means for the elven kingdom.
Tropes present in the episode:
- Affably Evil: Tye is very enthusiastic about Utopia, even when talking to the people he's supposed to sacrifice.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: After a pep talk from Allanon, Ander steps up and takes his place as the new elven king.
- Boom, Headshot!: Eretria kills the Troll with a headshot just as it's about to kill Wil.
- Chekhov's Gun: The D&D dice Amberle found last episode ends up being handy when Wil uses it to outsmart Cephelo.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Eretria easily steal Tye's guy by pretending she sneaked into his room to have sex with him.
- Drowning My Sorrows: How Ander deals with the death of Arion and Eventine.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Allanon does this to Ander when he catches him drunk.
- Human Sacrifice: Utopia offers this to the Trolls to keep their peace. Eretria was supposed to be one, but Tye started liking her too much and called it off.
- In Love with the Mark: Eretria was supposed to be a human sacrifice for Utopia, but Tye ended up falling for her and decided to pick someone else.
- Interrupted Intimacy: Wil and Amberle's make out session barely begins before it's interrupted by Cephelo.
- Killed Off for Real: Cephelo dies holding back the Utopians and the Trolls.
- Made a Slave: After being captured by the Elf Hunters, she's hauled to Utopia and sold as a slave.
- No One Gets Left Behind: Wil and Amberle refuse to continue their quest until they can find Eretria, even working with Cephelo again.
- New Old West: Utopia's aesthetic fit this to a T.
- Redemption Equals Death: Cephelo dies trying to cover for Eretria and her friends to escape.
- Taught by Experience: After being robbed of the Elfstones numerous times, Wil switches them out for dice and let's Cephelo see where he put the pouch, so Cephelo ends up stealing the dice.
- Town with a Dark Secret: Utopia only has it's peace by offering people as sacrifices to the Trolls.
- Welcome Back, Traitor: Wil and Amberle aren't happy to have Cephelo back in the team.