Farewell, Sarah Jane was a short special written by Russell T Davies for the Doctor Who: Lockdown event, airing on the 9th anniversary of Elisabeth Sladen's death. It features appearances from various cast members of The Sarah Jane Adventures and some of the Doctor's companions.
- Ambiguous Situation: We're told Sky has "manifested in her human form". We're not told what her other form is. It's possible that her electrical abilities have developed until she became an Energy Being. It's also possibly a reference to RTD's planned Series 5 finale, in which Sky was revealed to be the child of the Trickster, and to have a natural appearance similar to his.
- And the Adventure Continues: At the end, Rani tells Mr Smith she believes the Doctor came back for Sarah Jane at the end and took her on further adventures.
- Babies Ever After: Martha and Mickey have a son named August.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: With so many of the Doctor's friends in one place, the battle against the Trickster and the Jackals of the Backwards Clock takes ten minutes, after which they continue with the wake.
- Dying Alone: Sarah Jane ultimately died alone, as the Bannerman gang were all abroad when they heard of her death. It's suggested that she waited until they were gone, as she didn't want to trouble them.
- Evil Is Petty: Sarah Jane is dead, but the Trickster still decides to crash the wake.
- Happily Married: Luke and Sanjay have been married for five years by the time of this story.
- Noodle Incident:
- Ace and Sarah Jane had an adventure with the Diamond Wolf Clan.
- Ace and the Seventh Doctor were once captured on a prison planet run by giant mechanical prawns.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The Trickster is shrunken to the size of a doll, locked in a treasure chest and sent to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean for the next thousand years.
- Single Tear: Rani sheds one as she visits the loft for the last time.