Naofumi and his party encounter a girl called Melty at the East Village. Naofumi decides to visit the capital town for the Holy Water for Raphtalia's curse. Melty befriends Filo and wants to travel with them to the Castle Town of Melromarc. Apparently, it seems that Melty got separated from her guards. Naofumi reluctantly let her accompany them, after being persuaded by his party.
Who is this girl, Melty? And why does she want to travel with them?
Tropes for this episode include:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Motoyasu's attempts at trying to impress Filo come across as repulsive, especially for Filo herself. He has a "thing" for angels.
- Armor Is Useless: Motoyasu added a codpiece to his armor after the last time he and Naofumi had crossed paths. When he insults Filo in-front of her, she kicks him again, the codpiece completely ineffective.
- Destructive Savior: Motoyasu puts the general public in danger attacking Naofumi in the street, destroying several shopping stands trying to hit him. Melty would call him out on this after obstructing the duel.
- Entertainingly Wrong: Having learned nothing from the last time, Motoyasu thinks Naofumi had enslaved an innocent girl when he sees Filo and tries killing Naofumi over it.
- Good Shepherd: The Pope scolds a priestess for trying to give Naofumi the lowest quality holy water when he payed for the highest, making a point that God is all-loving and that she is being spiteful counter to the church's beliefs. Of course, we later find out he's actually Faux Affably Evil when the church tries framing him for kidnapping and attempted murder.
- Has a Type: Motoyasu has a "thing" for angels and tries to kill Naofumi to "free" Filo.
- I Am Big Boned: Apparently much of Filo's puffy mass is actually just her feathers, Melty having enough room to sleep within them and Raphtalia's arm sinking into it before falling asleep in them.
- Instant Sedation: Apparently Filo's feathers are so soft and warm that lying against them instantly lulls Melty and Raphtalia to sleep. Naofumi theorizes that they might have some sort of magical or chemical properties that accomplishes this.
- Internal Reveal: It is not until she saves Naofumi from dueling Motoyasu does Melty find out that he is the Shield Hero.
- Likes Clark Kent, Hates Superman: Downplayed. Motoyasu falls for Filo when he sees her (who is an underaged girl) and is willing to kill Naofumi to "free" her, but he hates "that big dumb bird" of his. It is not until he insults her does Filo kick him across the alley over it, revealing that she and the bird are one and the same.
- Not What It Looks Like: When Naofumi see Melty's clothes next to a sleeping Filo, Naofumi and Raphtalia put two-and-two together and think Filo ate Melty, when really she took off her clothes and decided to sleep in the comfort of Filo's feathers.Naofumi: Raphtalia?Raphtalia: Yes?Naofumi: We saw nothing, okay?Raphtalia: Wuh? What are you saying?!Naofumi: If we Destroy the Evidence...
- Oh, Crap!: Motoyasu's reaction in discovering that Filo is Naofumi's filolial.
- The Reveal: The girl is Princess Melty of Melromarc.
- Wham Episode: Melty is younger sister to Malty, having sent by the Queen to help obstruct her sister and father from their antics.