Naofumi and his team clean up the mess made by the Spear Hero in the Southwest village, which was previously hit by famine but now overtaken by monster plants. They also make a quick visit to a hot spring.
Throughout their travels, both Raphtalia and Filo are having jealousy spat over Naofumi's affection. Will they be able to work together as a team? Or continue their childish jealousy rivalry?
Tropes for this episode include:
- Alien Kudzu: The miracle seed sprouted into a monstrous vine that swarmed the surrounding area almost overnight, eventually growing poison and acid-spitting plant monsters and making the villagers falling ill with parasitic plant-growths.
- Botanical Abomination: The source of the Alien Kudzu is a monstrous tree with an eye in the center of its main flower.
- Enlightened Self-Interest: While not liking the idea of cleaning up after Motoyasu, Naofumi decides to stay and take care of the village's monster-vine problem when they offer him a reward.
- Raphtalia and Filo sell their hunted razorback to a group of villagers who were planning on hunting for it themselves, buying crafting supplies as a gift for Naofumi.
- Full-Boar Action: The Silver Razorback Boar is a giant boar monster that roams the mountains that the Hot Spring Town is situated in. Local legend claims that when settlers slew their first razorback, the springs miraculously appeared, and so every year the villagers would hunt for one for their town rituals. When Raphtalia and Filo encounter and defeat one, they sell it to the town in exchange for crafting tools for Naofumi.
- Hot Springs Episode: The second half of the episode has Naofumi, Raphtalia and Filo spending a day at an inn at a hot spring town.
- Miss Conception: Raphtalia thinks that if she were to kiss Naofumi, it'll make her pregnant. This is justified, as not only is she Younger Than She Looks, but her parents were killed when she was very young and was likely never given The Talk.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: The South West village was suffering from a famine, so Motoyasu ventured into an old temple where he heard there was a miracle seed... that would eventually plague the town with an unstoppable Alien Kudzu.
- Too Dumb to Live: The chest containing the magic seed that Motoyasu gives to the villagers had various warning signs about the seed's deadliness and he gave it to the village anyway.