It turns out that Glass, like L'Arc, is also a hero from the otherworld. Naofumi barely fights off their combo attacks and then corners Glass in a one-on-one battle, but is then faced with an all-important question: does he truly wish to protect this world?
Tropes for this episode include:
- Call-Back: Naofumi cashes in that favor the Queen offered him after Aultcrey and Malty's trial and is given lordship of Rurorona Village.
- Flaw Exploitation: Naofumi notices the normally stoic Glass flinch at his Soul Eater Shield, figuring out that she is especially vulnerable to it.
- Kick the Dog/No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Rishia was integral in defeating Glass by blowing casks full of Lucor fruit at her. In response, Itsuki's party blamed her for "breaking one of his favorite accessories" (basically taking the spotlight away from them) and kicked her out.
- Pet the Dog: After Rishia fails to kill herself after she is kicked out of Itsuki's party, Naofumi offers her a place in his, likely empathizing with her being blamed for a crime she didn't commit.
- Villain Forgot to Level Grind: While Glass is still formidable, Naofumi isn't nearly as outmatched by her as before.
- Wham Episode: Raphtalia's home village is being rebuilt with Naofumi as its lord.
- Wutai: While Melromarc is a generic Sword & Sorcery European world, Glass' world seems to lean more towards this.