Realizing that the released monster is aiming for Filo, Naofumi decides to lead the monster far away from the city to minimize the damage to the crowd, leaving the rescued demi-humans in Reichnott's care. Soon they realized that they are no match for the monster, just then a herd of Filolials surrounds them and their leader appears before them.
Is this an ally, or a new enemy?
Tropes for this episode include:
- Blame Game: Thinking more about the bigger picture, Fitoria puts the blame on all four cardinal heroes when Naofumi explains the circumstances leading up to the dragon's summoning.
- Deus ex Machina: When it is clear that Naofumi's party can't hurt the dragon, in-comes Fitoria who kills it almost effortlessly.
- Necessarily Evil: When Naofumi makes it clear that trying to make him and the other heroes cooperate is a lost cause, Fitoria proclaims that if they have any chance of properly defending against the waves, she must kill all four of them.
- Tragic Monster: Fitoria implies that the dragon was driven mad by "the Dragon Emperor's core shard" and had to be put down.
- Wham Line: Fitoria reveals that the waves are happening all across the world and not just in Melromarc.