Roughing It Up: The Professor takes the girls on a camping trip to teach them to relax, but they are interrupted by Fuzzy Lumpkins and his three nephews and not even he can keep peace.
What's the Big Idea?: Mojo makes the girls giants so that they cannot stop his crimes without causing massive collateral damage, and it is up to the Professor to save the day.
Roughing It Up provides examples of:
- Berserk Button: For Professor Utonium, cutting down the tree he planted as a young boy apparently. Though considering what Fuzzy and his nephews already did up to this point, it was probably just the final straw.
- Camping Episode
- Covered in Mud: The girls end up like this thanks to the Lumpkinses.
- Cover Innocent Eyes and Ears: Professor Utonium does this to the girls in response tot he toilet humor described below.
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: Wuzzy, Cuzzy and Scuzzy tend to do this.
- Irony: The whole episode, the girls want to kick Fuzzy and his nephews out of the forrest, but the professor keeps stopping them. But by the end of the episode, just as the Professor also gets tired of Fuzzy and allows the girls to fight, the girls become friends with Wuzzy, Cuzzy and Scuzzy.
- Loud of War: The Lumpkinses keep the girls up all night, both intentionally (by throwing rocks at their caravan) and unintentionally (with their banjo music).
- Make Them Rot: When Fuzzy and his nephews dive into a lake, the flowers on the shore promptly witter and die, and several dead fish float to the surface.
- Nephewism: Fuzzy is revealed to have three nephews, which were never seen before this episode.
- Rage Breaking Point: Throughout the episode, the Professor tries to remain calm and orders the girls to do the same despite all the antics of Fuzzy and his nephews. But when Fuzzy cuts down a tree the professor himself planted, just to make a toothpick, the professor finally snaps and angrily attacks Fuzzy.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Wuzzy is capable of making outhouse toilets explode with his..ehm natural gas. Later, the Lumpkinses detonate some dynamite just for fun.
- Tempting Fate: Professor Utonium describes the woods as the perfect place to relax, away from daily crime and not a care in the world, and most of all; no Bad Guys. Cue to Fuzzy and his nephews showing up at the same camping site.
- Theme Naming: Fuzzys nephews are named Wuzzy, Cuzzy and Scuzzy.
- Toilet Humor: when following a trail of what they believe to be a bear, the girls and the professor and up at an outhouse toilet being used by Wuzzy (it were his foottracks they followed). The building then explodes due to the smell Wuzzy produces.
What's the Big Idea provides examples of:
- Destructive Saviour: The girls usually already tend to be this, but getting turned into giants turns it Up to Eleven, with pretty much everything the girls do resulting in massive damage to Townsville. Just like Mojo planned.
- Foreshadowing: The damage Mojo accidently does to his scale model of Townsville accurately matches the damage the giant Girls later do to the real Townsville, like getting wrapped up in power lines and accidently deflating a zeppelin.
- Make My Monster Grow: Mojo does this on purpose to the girls. In the end it is seemingly reversed, only to reveal that this trope has been applied to ALL of Townsville instead.
- Ocular Gushers: Bubbles weeps massive gobs of tears after getting yelled at by Townsville citizens, which nearly drowns the townspeople.
- Scale Model Destruction: Mojo accidently destroys his own scale model of Townsville, which he was using to plan his next move. However, this gives him the idea to make the girls giant so they can no longer help anyone without endangering the city.
- Title Drop: Done by the girls towards Mojo, just before he makes them giant.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The giant girls get this reaction a lot from citizens due to the damage they cause.