Curses: Bubbles overhears a bad word from the Professor. Then her sisters start to use it, too, and cause a shocking reaction around Townsville.
Bang for Your Buck: The girls and the Ganggreen Gang (who want more recognition) compete to raise enough money to buy a giant laser from Mojo Jojo.
Curses provides examples of:
- Cooking Show: At the start of the episode, the Professor is watching one and trying to prepare the turkey dish featured in the show at the same time.
- Eye Twitch: Ms. Keane does this when the girls swear in class.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Two banks robbers, two thugs, two bikers, and a prison inmate with "delicate ears" REALLY DO NOT like the Girls swearing.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!: Professor Utonium finally sets the record straight and explains to the girls what the swear means. They are reasonably shocked about it.
- Innocent Swearing: The girls after overhearing the professor using a swear word.
- Fainting: Ms. Keane faints in shock when hearing the girls swear.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: The recurring old woman returns. She gets rescued by Buttercup but then hits her with her purse and chases after her after Buttercup curses to her.
- Monster of the Aesop: The episode is about cursing, with a monster that is literally a potty mouth.
- Oh, Crap!: The Professor when he hears the girls swear and realizes they got it from him.
- One I Prepared Earlier: Professor Utonium is caught off guard by the host of the cooking show having prepared several parts of the dish in advance, since he tried to keep up with him while cooking the same dish.
- RockPaperScissors: The girls play this game to determine who has to go down to the kitchen and see if dinner is ready. Bubbles loses.
- Soap Punishment: Mrs. Bellum does this to the girls off screen after they swear in front of the Mayor (who had them come over to his office to open his pickle jar, again). Later, the girls themselves do this to the Potty Mouth monster.
- Sound-Effect Bleep: Many, for everytime the girls use the bad word.
- Stunned Silence: Bubbles after hearing the Professor swear.
- Swear Word Plot: The whole plot of the episode centers around the girls overhearing the professor using a swear word, and then start using it themselves since they don't know it's a bad word.
- Time Out: Mrs. Keane gives the girls one for swearing.
- The Unintelligible: the monster talks like this, though its strongly implied that he is actually a Sir Swears-a-Lot.
- You Know What You Did: Ms. Keane's response to the girls asking why they're being punished.
Bang for your Buck provides examples of:
- Big Ball of Violence: the girls enter a rabbit in a race for pets, but all the pets (save a goldfish) just end up fighting.
- Disintegrator Ray: An old lady buys a proton disintegrator capable of crumbling mountains from Mojo, thinking its a hair dryer. She proceeds to use it on herself off screen.
- Door-to-Door Episode: The girls sell cookies from door to door
- Garage Sale: Mojo Jojo holds one, which kicks off the plot.
- Helping Granny Cross the Street: The girls first act when trying to raise money.
- Idea Bulb: Bubbles gets one when the girls try to think of a way to raise more money, but Blossom shoots down her idea before Bubbles can even tell it, causing the bulb to disappear again.
- Luminescent Blush: Mojos entire face turns red when a boy at his yard sale finds a rather embarrassing looking string between the stuff and asks if that too is for sale. Mojo quickly snatches it away from him.
- MacGuffin: Mojos giant destructo ray cannon, which the girls and the Gangregen Gang end up competing over.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: the Gangrene Gange actually beats the girls to Mojo with the money to buy the destructo ray, but Big Billy ruins it for them at the last moment by wasting 5 dollars on a teddy bear.
- Underdogs Never Lose: during the pet race, one of the contestants is a fish in bowl. Naturally, the fish wins.
- Wham Shot: Two near the end of the episode. First, the Mayor buys the gun that the Gangrene Gang and Girls have been fighting over. And second, it turns out that the cannon isnt some doomsday device after all but just a harmless snow cone machine.