Helter Shelter: Bubbles' love for animals goes too far, and despite the Professors warning to her (as well as Blossom and Buttercup) not to bring home any more animals, she ends up bringing home a baby whale.
Power Lunch: After feeling a side effect from eating and drinking sweets combined with the Girls' heat ray, the Gangrene Gang then get superpowers.
- Aesop Amnesia: Bubbles still hasn't learned her lesson about hoarding animals and being responsible for them going out of control and instead releases every animal from the zoo to set them free.
- Friend to All Living Things: Bubbles' love for animals really gets out of hand in this episode.
- In Space, Everyone Can See Your Face: The girls space suits have transparent visors.
- Inventor of the Mundane: The Professor is intrigued by the fact that his new shoes have lights in them that light up with every step, and really wants to find out the secret behind this technology.
- Literal-Minded: When the professor shows Bubbles the shoes with the mice inside and asks her what these are, she answers Shoes?. Happens again later when, after seeing the baby whale she brought home:Buttercup: When the Professor gets home, hes gonna have a cow!Bubbles: No, a baby whale!
- At the end of the episode, Bubbles took the Professor's words of freeing animals too literally.
- Man-Made House Flood: The girls flood the basement of the house to give the whale a place to stay. Professor Utonium finds out the hard way when he wants to go down to his lab.
- Nice Mice: Bubbles' mouse friends Mr. and Mrs. Squeakers. They live in the Professor's sneakers.
- No Antagonist: One of the few episodes without a monster or villain looking for trouble.
- Say My Name: The episode opens with Professor Utonium angrily calling Bubbles back home, because he discovered the mice she put in his shoes. He does it again after he finds out they flooded the lab and put a whale in, and one final time when Bubbles releases all the animals from the zoo.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: When Buttercup and Blossom arrive home and see Bubbles lock the door to their bedroom, Bubbles immediately proclaims that she didnt bring anything home, even though none of her sisters asked her if she did. Its enough of a sign to the other two that she brought yet another animal home.
- Too Dumb to Live: After bringing a bunch of animals and a baby whale in the house, Bubbles ''literally'' (after being told by the Professor to let the animals go if she really loves them) releases every single animal from the zoo despite being told that they need to be with their family.
- An Ice Person: Ace becomes one during this episode.
- Ask a Stupid Question...: Snake asks Ace what super power he got .while he is already stretching out his neck.
- Brain Freeze: Ace repeatedly gets one when he stuffs himself with ice cream from the convenience store the gang is robbing.
- Brought Down to Normal: The Gangreen Gang lose their powers once they use the bathroom and the reacted food they ate digests.
- Caffeine Bullet Time: Arturos super speed comes from the fact that he drank a whole can of coffee prior to getting superpowers.
- Fastball Special: Buttercup and Bubbles use a variation of this, with Bubbles rolling up into a ball and Buttercup using her a bowling ball.
- Freeze Sneeze: Ace suddenly sneezes, and a gust of icy wind blows out of his nose and mouth and completely covers a nearby garbage can.
- How Do I Shot Web?: averted, the Gangrene Gang learn how to use their new powers almost instantaneously.
- Mass Super-Empowering Event: The girls eye beams combined with all the food the Gangrene Gang ate earlier leads to all five of them gaining super powers.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: the girls accidentally end up giving the Gangregen Gang superpowers.
- Nobody Poops: Averted for laughs. When the food that gave the Gangrene Gang their powers is starting to digest, all 5 of them quickly have to quit the fight and retreat into a portable toilet.
- Repeat Cut: The scene where Grubber burps loudly at Bubbles and Lil Arturo zips over and rapidly punches her is used three times in a row.
- Also when Snake grabs Buttercup and sucker punches her in the side of her head.
- Rubber Man: Snake gets these powers during this episode.
- Superpowers for a Day: The Gangrene Gang get super powers from the combination of the Powerpuff Girls eye beams + the food they ate earlier, but lose them again when the food digests.
- Super Speed: Lil' Arturo gets these powers.
- Taken for Granite: Big Billy becomes a living rock.
- The Voiceless: Big Billy doesn't speak, aside from his laughter and groaning.