- The Control Voice: From muskets to sixguns to assault weapons, the pages of our history run red with blood. But which came first, the violent impulse or the weapon which answers its call?
A mysterious man sells guns that fuse to their wielder's hands and fill them with blood lust.
- The Control Voice: The path to our own destruction may lie less in the weapons we conceive... than the violence in our hearts.
- Clingy MacGuffin: A gun dealer named Donald Finley (who is really an alien in disguise) sells a strange gun to Matthew Logan for $300. As soon as Matthew uses it to kill his wife Sandra for having him sent to prison for abusing her, the gun became fused to Matthew's hand and all attempts to remove it failed. The fusion process intensified every time that he used the gun as he was slowly transforming into the ultimate killing machine. His father-in-law Cord van Owen is given an identical gun by Finley which likewise fuses itself to his skin after he fires it. However, it detaches itself when he refuses to kill Matthew in front of his son Ty, much to Finley's disappointment.
- Domestic Abuse: Matthew Logan served 22 months of a four year sentence for beating his wife Sandra to within an inch of her life. He had been abusing her for quite some time beforehand. The first thing that he does once he gets out of prison is buy a gun and kill her.
- Evil Weapon: This episode has a gun that fuses to its holder's hand and causes him to become filled with murderous bloodlust. It was sent by aliens to test how Humans Are Warriors and see if they will be valuable allies in an interstellar war. The aliens are disappointed when one man uses The Power of Love for his daughter and grandson to break free and let go of the gun, but decide to just send more guns to different people.
- Here We Go Again!: The alien calling himself Donald Finley is at another gun show trying to recruit mercenaries to fight for his people in their ongoing war.
- Just Got Out of Jail: Matthew Logan murders his wife Sandra within hours of being released from prison.
- Overly Long Tongue: The alien calling himself Donald Finley has a long, forked tongue like a reptile. At one point, he uses it to snatch a lizard from a tree and devour it whole.
- Professional Killer: The alien calling himself Donald Finley came to Earth in order to recruit mercenaries to fight in the war which his people are fighting.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: The alien calling himself Donald Finley seemingly belongs to a race of shapeshifters.