- The Control Voice: Within each of us there is an internal voice that tempers our actions. But what happens when that inner self overwhelms the face we show the world?
A woman learns that she had a Siamese twin that she absorbed at birth, and now her sister is taking over her body.
- The Control Voice: Without darkness there would be no light. Without error, no sure path to the truth. In a world where absolutes reign, what may be most important is finding the balance.
- Conjoined Twins: Anne Marie Reynolds and her sister, who was to have been named Marie, were conjoined twins. Their parents agreed to subject the two of them to an experiment in the womb which would kill one of the twins but give the survivor the strength to survive. Anne Marie was the lucky one and Marie was absorbed into her body.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: Anne Marie Reynolds idolizes her late father, who committed suicide, but has an extremely distant relationship with her mother, whom she blames for his death.
- Missing Time: Anne Marie Reynolds loses several hours whenever the personality of her Conjoined Twin Marie, who died in the womb and was absorbed into her, takes control of her body. Marie's personality is contained in a second brain growing on her sister's spine.
- Two Siblings In One: This episode explores this when Anne Marie Reynolds is attacked, wakes up in the hospital, and finds out that she had a twin that died and was absorbed into her body. The twin starts taking over (with the eye color changing to indicate who is in charge), but it's revealed she's not doing it to be malicious; the living twin simply can't remain dominant any longer. However, both twins are still alive by the end of the episode, though the dominant/recessive roles have switched.
- Waking Up at the Morgue: Anne Marie Reynolds dies in an emergency room, having lost all of her brain functions, after being struck in the head with a lead pipe by a mugger. Approximately ten or fifteen minutes later, she wakes up in the morgue. It is later determined that she is growing a second brain on her spine, which contains the personality of her Conjoined Twin Marie who was absorbed into her during her mother's pregnancy.