- The Control Voice: The skeptic's world is a secure one, built on unshakeable truths. But what happens when its foundation begins to crumble?
An abrasive talk show host who mocks those who believe in aliens discovers they are very real indeed.
- The Control Voice: If we mock that which we do not understand, we may learn too late that the penalty for such arrogance... is annihilation.
- Agent Scully: The controversial KXVY Shock Jock Stan Harbinger takes great pleasure in belittling people who believe in conspiracies, predominantly involving aliens but also concerning more down-to-earth topics such as Who Shot JFK?, on his radio show "The Harbinger of Truth". An encounter with an alien, which he at first tries to ignore and deny because it is inconsistent with his view of the world, turns him into a believer.
- Aura Vision: Stan Harbinger gains the ability to see the aliens that live inside the bodies of certain humans. He typically sees a golden outline of the alien superimposed over the relevant human.
- Klaatu Barada Nikto: Stan Harbinger quotes the line to mock the Believers.
- Self-Immolation: Eldon DeVries covers himself in gasoline and sets himself on fire in front of Stan Harbinger after he realizes that there is an alien living inside of him.
- Starfish Aliens: An alien species that exists at a different light frequency to humans plans to colonize Earth. They have taken possession of the bodies of many people worldwide without their knowledge while they await the arrival of more of their kind. Occasionally, their control of their host bodies breaks down and the host becomes aware of their presence. Humans cannot ordinarily see the light frequency on which they exist but Stan Harbinger becomes sensitive to it when he witnesses one of them vacating the body of Eldon DeVries after his death.