- The Control Voice: It was once written: "To thine own self, be true". But how do we know who we really are?
Four people with telekinesis are recruited as assassins.
- The Control Voice: Every man must confront the monster within himself... if he is ever to find peace... without.
- Actor Allusion: Clash of the Titans (1981) star Harry Hamlin's character Ford Maddox is a spy whose codename is Charon, a reference to the ferryman of Hades in Greek Classical Mythology.
- Bottle Episode: With the exception of three scenes above ground, all of this episode takes place in an underground bunker.
- Bulungi: It is mentioned that the African warlord General Lawrence Gecongo is attempting to seize power from the legitimately elected President of Uwanda.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Rachel Sanders has a dream which turns out to be prophetic in which she sees herself surrounded by the corpses of soldiers.
- Eldritch Abomination: A rampaging energy creature is created as an unfortunate side effect of experiments being conducted with people possessing telekinetic powers.
- Enemy Without: A group of telekinetics recruited by the CIA to perform long-distance assassinations are eventually stalked and killed by an amorphous cloud of hostile psychic energy that they apparently spawned.
- Mind over Matter: The US government is conducting experiments with people possessing telekinetic powers, whom they employ to assassinate foreign leaders who pose a threat to the United States and its interests.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: The Serbian dictator Slob Krupchek, who is described as the "Hitler of the Balkans" due to his policy of ethnic cleansing resulting in the deaths of thousands, is one for Slobodan Milosevic. Krupchek's first name is presumably short for Slobodan.
- Whole Plot Reference: This episode is one to Forbidden Planet.