- The Control Voice: On the long road between cradle and grave, we travel alone. It is not the blind and random circumstances of our birth which determine the quality of our journey. That is decided by the choices made along the way.
A group attempts to hijack a shipment of missiles. Instead, they find a lone guard who begs them not to open a container.
- The Control Voice: Why do we need to belong? Is it for the fellowship of others? Or is it the fear of being left... out in the cold?
- Bottle Episode: Almost all of this episode takes place in a warehouse.
- An Ice Person: The alien freezes anything it touches.
- Impending Doom P.O.V.: The POV of the alien organism is seen just before it attacks someone.
- Literally Shattered Lives: An alien (which may have acted as the A/C for a crashed alien spacecraft) attempts to eliminate all heat sources in its vicinity. We get to see it freeze a female soldier so that she looks like an ice sculpture, and then a drop of water from an overhanging icicle is enough to get the "sculpture" to fall to pieces.
- Living Ship: This episode involves a living ship, composed of numerous organisms, which crash-landed in New Mexico three years earlier. The only part of the ship which survived the crash was the cooling system.
- Right-Wing Militia Fanatic: The militia group Lightning Dawn is preparing for the "inevitable" resumption of the Cold War. To that end, it hijacks what it believes to be a US Army missile shipment which was being sent to Russia in order to keep the Russian President in power. It instead turned out to be an alien organism.
- Schmuck Bait: Soldiers raid a secret government armory, but the guard they capture begs them not to open a box. They open it, and unleash an alien that kills many of them.
- Siblings in Crime: Lee Taylor is a mercenary-for-hire who works on an operation with his brother Calvin and other members of the militia group Lightning Dawn.