- Jekyll & Hyde: The episode is basically an update of the original story for The '60s.
- Monster of the Week: The CE drug transforms Roy physically as well as mentally, distorting his facial structure for reasons that are never explained.
- Super Strength: One of the effects of the CE formula.
- Tastes Like Chicken: A variation. Roy says that the CE formula is "reminiscent of cucumbers, a characteristic I'm unable to account for, but it's not bad at all."
- Waking Up at the Morgue: Happens to Dr. Akada after he takes the CE drug.
- "What Now?" Ending: While Roy is out of the way, the damage has already been done: Peter has been forced to take the drug and will presumably begin his own "expansion" soon.
Recap / The Outer Limits S 2 E 4 "Expanding Human"