Jan arrives in Scranton with a surprise for Michael. Michael, Jim, and Karen interview for the job at corporate, and Michael decides on his replacement. Wallace lets it slip that it's Jan's job, and she's fired, leading to a very public, very embarrassing meltdown. Jim makes a decision.
Air date: May 17, 2007
- Betty and Veronica: Pam and Karen to Jim, although Karen states that Pam is a bitch.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: A pretty poignant one: while Pam is giving her talking head confessional about being okay with the fact that Jim is leaving, Jim unintentionally interrupts it by entering the room to ask her out.
- Call-Back: Pam sends Jim his medal from "Office Olympics."
- Cannot Spit It Out: Pam is proud she was able to confront her feelings for Jim.And it only took me three years.
- Comically Missing the Point: Angela.No, Dwight, I don't care if that's how they consolidated power in ancient Rome.
- Defcon Five: Michael calls a meeting of the office women when Jan shows up, calling it "Defcon Ten." When Jan says she wants to get back together, he upgrades to "Defcon Twenty."
- Double-Meaning Title: The job refers to the position in corporate Michael, Jim, and Karen are all applying for as well Jan's boob job. Even better when it's revealed the corporate position belongs to Jan.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Jim gets his hair cut, to avoid looking "homeless."
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: Jan gets implants and is more than happy to use them against Michael to change his mind about getting back together with her.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: David lists all the reasons why Jan is being let go, citing her increasingly erratic behavior as the prime reason.David: Recently, you don't even show an interest in your work! You smoke constantly in your office. You spend most of the day online shopping. You disappear for hours at a time, sometimes days. Always saying you're visiting your sister in Scottsdale. You go to Scranton far more often than you used to... The time has come for you to end your professional relationship with this company. You are clearly unstable.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Michael didn't get both of Jan's messages.
- Take Our Word for It: Creed's thoughts.
- Twist Ending: Ryan ends up getting the job.
- Wham Episode: Jim leaves Karen in New York, drives back to Scranton, and asks Pam out.
- Wham Line: "I thought it was clear in the job description. The job you're applying for...is Jan's job."
- Wham Shot: Jim entering the room, interrupting Pam's talking head confessional.