Andy formulated a master plan to get his job back with the help of David Wallace. He pretends to be in desperate need for a job to be on Dunder Mifflin when the takeover happens.
Meanwhile, Dwight sets up a free family picture photo booth on the office. Angela believes he is trying to prove he is her baby's father.
Darryl makes another move on Val while hiring back some of his old crew, after their failed business venture.
- Ambiguously Bi: Robert California mentions to miss the original taste of the energetic. The original taste was penis.
- Bookends: The first episode after Sabre's buyout of Dunder-Mifflin shows a new Sabre plaque being installed underneath the Dunder-Mifflin one in the hallway of the building. With Wallace now buying Dunder-Mifflin back from them, Dwight's assistant Nate is seen unscrewing that same plaque off the wall.
- Call-Back: The story about Ryan's jealousy over Kelly's new, healthy relationship with Ravi comes up again during the photo shoots.
- Continuity Nod: When the Warehouse crew left, Darryl mentioned some of them were investing in an energy drink targeted at gay Asians. This plotline is alluded to when the warehouse workers ask for their jobs back due to the product failing.
- Everyone Can See It
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Gabe, again. Everyone forgets his birthday and when he tries to celebrate it, he's kicked out of the room by Nellie.
- Put on a Bus to Hell: The entirety of Sabre is dropped off in this episode. After David Wallace buys back Dunder-Mifflin, Jo decides to liquidate the rest of Sabre's assets, meaning Robert California is now out. Gabe also quietly leaves the series at this point, only making one further guest appearance in Season 9.
- Sanity Slippage: All the staff believes that Andy is losing his mind. When he reveals that he has seen David Wallace, people point out that the only person to see him was Andy himself and his story is too crazy to believe. Not even Erin has seen David yet to comply with his story.
- Season Finale: Of Season 8. Quite a few things changed: Sabre was liquidated by Jo, and Wallace became the new CEO of Dundler-Mifflin. Robert loses his job in the liquidation, but decides to go around the world educating women through college (an obvious stunt to get with them), Nellie sticks to the company, but loses her position as manager, furthermore, Dwight and Angela make out passionately while waiting for the results of the fatherhood test.
- Tastes Like Feet: Darryl makes a disgusted face when drinking the energy drink targeted at gay Asians, which "Coconut Penis flavor". Darryl's only comment is that the coconut is very subtle.
- The Un-Reveal: The episode ends with no confirmation on whose is Angela's baby.
- Who's Your Daddy?: Dwight sets up the booth in an attempt to get DNA from Angela's baby and prove he is the father.