Michael Scott and Ryan Howard encourage employees to invest on Ryan's new social media website, WUPHF.com. Meanwhile, Dwight Schrute sets up Hay Place to make money and become the Hay King.
Airdate: November 18, 2010
- Achievements in Ignorance: The only reason Ryan's company gets a buyout offer is that he happened to buy the domain name "WUPHF.com", which is the same acronym as the Washington University Public Health Fund.
- Amusement Park: Dwight opened up his theme park called Hay Place.
- Big Word Shout: "SEX!", "MONEY!" and most importantly, "WUPHF!"
- Comically Missing the Point: As Dwight heard Angela say that she would like a roll in the hay, Dwight says, "Roll In The Hay! Five dollars!" Angela corrects him.
- Double Entendre: Michael said that Oscar is his Queen because Oscar is gay.
- Dumbass Has a Point: After Ryan tries reassuring all the investors with flashy marketing, Andy gets frustrated and asks what Ryan's actual plan to make the company profitable is.
- Embarrassing Password: The password for the server is "bigboobz".
- Fun with Acronyms: The acronym for WUPHF was bought by the Washington University Public Health Fund.
- Manipulative Editing: Jim spends most of the day listening to Jo's audio book and re-splicing the audio for an elaborate Prank Call on Gabe. It's so convincing that Gabe doesn't catch on.
- Misaimed Marketing: In-Universe. Ryan made ideas for WUPHF shirts and fifty thousand WUPHF condoms falling from a WUPHF helicopter. This didn't fool the investors.
- Obstacle Ski Course: Michael Scott wanted to start on the bunny hill and work on his way up to Death Drop.
- Prank Call: Jim gives one to Gabe but with edited audio from Jo Bennett's audiobook.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: After Pam gently tries to explain to Michael that Ryan is using his affection for him to support the site beyond reason, Michael finally comes forth and says how Ryan is a terrible person. He uses this to pressure him into fixing the website within nine days, a carefully played move to get Ryan to sell.
- Refuge in Audacity: The only clue Michael can remember about the web server password set many years ago is that it made him laugh but offended Pam. Kevin immediately guesses "Big boobs!" Pam asks Jim why he's actually typing it, and Jim responds "I'm trying everything." Dwight then advises him to type "bigboobs" with a z.Jim: That's... *DING* ..the password. We're in.
- Take That!: To any social media network ever made such as Facebook, Twitter and Homescreen.
- The Maze: Kevin Malone is stuck at the Hay Place maze.