The staff organizes a garage sale on the warehouse, in which Dwight tries to get the most valuable item through changing things, starting with a needle.
Michael needs to take an important decision regarding Holly and his life.
- Adult Fear: Realizing that old age is catching up to your parents and you may not have as much time left with them as you thought. Even worse, when one (or possibly both) of them is showing signs of dementia.
- Bait-and-Switch: Kevin proudly tells Andy and Darryl that when he was a kid, he was on Dallas.Andy: Really?Kevin: Yeah. We missed our connecting flight, and we spent the entire day on Dallas. Then we spent a week on Hawaii. I was on heaven.
- Bittersweet Ending: Downplayed, as it's much sweeter than usual, but while Michael and Holly are engaged, the staff is surprised and a bit saddened by Michael going away.
- Call-Back: Jim's proposal to Pam is mentioned again, Michael finds the setting much less romantic than what they remember it to be.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: One of the people to fake ask Holly to marry them is Angela. Michael mentions that it would be hot and he'd pay to see it.
- Irony: Michael's proposal to Holly was meant to be perfect, unlike Jim's to Pam, which was in the middle of the rain. At the moment he was gonna make the proposal, the sprinkler system starts and the proposal becomes as funny as it is heartwarming.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: According to Michael, his and Holly's first time was in the staircase of the building they work on.
- Reality Ensues: Michael fills the annex with candles to make his proposal, however, the candle's heat and smoke eventually sets off the sprinklers right when he was proposing.
- Shout-Out: Andy, Darryl, and Kevin play a board game based on the show Dallas.
- Wham Episode: Holly and Michael are engaged, and as a side-effect, Holly needs to move back to Colorado, and Michael is leaving to go with her.