Sabre's policy of "sales is king" goes to the sales staff's heads, making the rest of the office resent their bad attitude. In order to regain control, Michael hides their expensive new leads, which backfires on him soon enough.
- Acquired Situational Narcissism: The entire sales team in this episode.
- Big Damn Kiss: Between Andy and Erin.
- Didn't Think This Through: Hiding the leads in the trash resulted in them being unknowingly taken to the dumpster... on trash day.
- Dumbass Has a Point: Jim initially treats Michael hiding the leads as another one of his boss' pointless childish antics. But eventually, he realizes that the sales team's over-eagerness and cockiness really have been causing unnecessary drama in the office and that they need to make amends.
- Exact Words: When Gabe forces Michael to give the staff the leads, he does so. To the non sales staff, which forces the sales staff to do menial tasks to get them.
- Heel Realization: Eventually the sales staff agree that their poor attitudes were rubbing the others the wrong way and make it up to them with pastries (they were also going to give 2% of their commissions, but changed their minds after).
- Took a Level in Jerkass: The entire sales staff in this episode.