As the summer interns prepare to depart, the office gossips about them and Michael feels left out. Michael discovers that Stanley is having an affair, and tells everyone. When Michael realizes the damage he's caused, he fabricates numerous other rumors to discredit himself, including that Andy is gay (confusing Andy) and that Pam is pregnant (unbeknownst to him that she is actually pregnant). As Michael tries to clear the air, Jim and Pam admit their rumor is true in an attempt to save Stanley from embarrassment.
- Accidental Truth: Out of all the lies Michael made up in this episode, it was the one with Pam being pregnant that ended up being real.
- All for Nothing: The three interns basically learned nothing from their summer intern job.
- Mistaken for Gay: Andy, one of Michael's lies.
- Mobile-Suit Human: One of Michael's spread rumors is that Kevin has a smaller person inside of him working the controls.
- Noodle Incident: "Michael, you told everyone that I use store-bought manure, when I showed you where my manure comes from."
- Oh, Crap!: Jim and Pam both separately have these moments when people make unsubtle remarks about Pam's pregnancy, leading them to believe they'd somehow been found out.
- Refuge in Audacity: Michael attempts to dispel having just gossiped to everyone that Stanley was having an affair by spreading increasingly audacious rumors about everyone else, in hopes that the employees will find all these rumors so ridiculous that they'll choose to disbelieve all of them, including Stanley having an affair.
- Unstoppable Rage: With his marriage over, Stanley goes absolutely mental on Michael's car.