Michael is excited when he's invited by David Wallace to attend the Dunder Mifflin shareholder meeting in New York; he is dismayed by the hostile crowd and causes the board of directors even more trouble. Jim finds he is being undermined by Ryan who refuses to do work, so Jim decides to make an example of him in front of the staff.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: In order to punish Ryan instead of firing him, Jim permanently puts him in the storage closet as his own "office" in front of everyone.
- Did Not Think This Through: Michael publicly promises that they were looking to find a solution, only for David and the rest of the board to tell him that they have no plan or anything to get them back on track.
- Dumbass Has a Point: After CEO Chris O'Keefe insults Michael, the latter argues that Scranton is the only branch making money right now and points out that he is the only one that tried to offer positive solutions instead of doing nothing.
- Fun with Acronyms: Oscar says that DMI on the stock boards means Dunder-Mifflin Interprises. However, after seeing the company give them a limo to go to New York, he says that acronym should be Dummies, Morons, and Idiots.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: After the CEO decides to revoke their limo ride, Michael quickly gathers Dwight, Andy, and Oscar, and leaves the conference before the driver can get the message.
- Wham Shot: At the end of the episode, the stock price for Dunder-Mifflin goes down from $1.13 and continues to drop.