At a company-wide picnic, Michael meets Holly again while the Scranton employees play volleyball.
- Dark Comedy: Michael and Holly's trivia game show sketch seems bizarrely (and seemingly unintentionally) to rely on this, with questions ranging from which branch of the company is about to be shut down to one of the Dunder Mifflin founders' method of committing suicide.
- Didn't Think This Through: During their comedy show, Michael and Holly reveal that the Buffalo branch is closing. In front of all the Buffalo employees and their families.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Subverted. Dwight convinces the others that they need to finish their volleyball game and beat Corporate, as payback for them closing Buffalo. However, Pam is injured and has to go to a clinic. In a deleted scene, when Pam and Jim don't come back for possibly an hour, Meredith forfeits the game.
- Not So Above It All: Dwight assists Jim and Pam with changing all of Michael's clocks so he'll think it's 5:00 and let everyone leave, explaining that he normally doesn't condone leaving early but happens to have an appointment with a horse doctor that day.
- Oh, Crap!: David Wallace when he realizes that Michael and Holly are about to reveal the next branch closing.
- Shout-Out: Michael and Holly's presentation includes a Slumdog Millionaire game show parody.
- Wham Episode: Pam is pregnant!