To relieve everyones spirits, Michael decides to hold a celebrity roast against him, allowing everyone to finally say everything theyve wanted to say.
- Actually Pretty Funny: During Michael's The Dog Bites Back speech, he tells Stanley "you crush your wife during sex and your heart sucks". Stanley actually starts laughing which breaks the tension and causes everything to return to normal.
- Bilingual Bonus: Oscar's Spanish rant to Michael."You give me an ulcer every time I wake up and I have to come to work. I have to come to work for you. For you!"
- Butt-Monkey: Toby, the one person Michael hates for no good reason, is the only one who is not allowed to say anything bad about him.
- The Roast: Michael decides to host one of these so the employees can express their frustrations with him and relieve their stress. The jabs start off lighthearted and Michael enjoys them, but then they get a little too personal and mean-spirited, upsetting him. By the next day, everyone realizes they went too far and feel bad.
- Teeny Weenie: During the roast, Pam mentions the time she saw Michael undressing and blurts out "his thing is so small".
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Everyone gives one to Michael during the roast, except Toby. In a deleted scene, Jan gives an absolutely brutal one over the phone, telling everyone about how Michael ruined her life.