When Oscar shows Michael that there's an extra $4,300 in the budget that must be spent before the end of the day, a feud breaks out in the office over whether Michael should use it to buy a new copier or new chairs. Meanwhile, Andy and Angela do a practice run of their wedding at Schrute Farms, but Dwight has something different planned...
- Butt-Monkey: In addition to Andy's poop mishaps, Mose also hits him in the head with a ball.
- Call-Back: Pam reminds Michael that je never settled on a new chair like he was supposed to do in "Chair Model".
- Comically Missing the Point: Kevin tried to ask Michael another math question, after Oscar tricks him into revealing he knows the third option.
- Curse Cut Short: When Michael's plan to walk away with the bonus completely backfires.Michael: Mother—! *camera cuts away*
- Didn't See That Coming:
- Pam expects Jim to take her side in supporting new chairs, but he actually sides with Oscar because he does his own copies now that they've been together and agrees that the copier is horrible.
- Michael leaves the office to decide what to do with the surplus themselves, believing they'll never be able to concede and he gets to walk away with the bonus. Instead, Oscar immediately concedes to Pam, deciding he'd rather have new chairs than nothing at all, leaving Michael (who had already made purchases from Burlington Coat Factory in anticipation) flabbergasted.
- I Never Said It Was Poison: Oscar quickly realizes that Michael knows of the third option. He asks what 15% of 4300 is, to which Michael replies "645 dollars." Oscar didn't specify dollars.
- Just One Extra Ticket: True to the trope, everyone in the office starts sucking up to Michael. Yes, even Stanley.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After Pam successfully gets Michael to buy new chairs for the office, Jim starts asking her to make copies for him again, no longer feeling bad about asking his own fiance to use the terrible copier since she's the one who prevented it from being replaced.Jim: I'm going to need three copies of these, stapled and collated. *Pam gives him a look of panic* I'm totally kidding! *leans in and whispers* I'm going to need four. *smooch*
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Pam becomes even more determined to convince Michael when Oscar and Jim offer to take him to lunch."So, I guess that's how they're gonna play this. It is on. [dead serious] It is so on."
- Real Fake Wedding: Dwight attempts this with a minister who only speaks German so Andy and Angela don't catch on. Angela immediately has it annulled.
- Running Gag: Andy accidentally stepping in poop. Some of it even manages to show up in the kitchen.
- Shout-Out: Michael tries to claim that the chairs are "Urkel-nomically correct."
- Take a Third Option:
- Toby is the only one who doesn't take a side in new chairs or a new copier, instead suggesting that they test the office for asbestos and radon. Michael, naturally, ignores him.
- When Michael asks David Wallace to help him make the decision, he learns that he can just return the surplus and get a huge bonus for being under budget. This inadvertently ends up solving the problem, since everyone would rather have chairs than nothing.