A shipment of tampered paper was accidentally sent out, and the group has to scramble to cover themselves.
- Air Date : April 26, 2007
- Badass Boast: While recording his "threat video," Michael says that it would take a SWAT team to get him to leave. Dwight quickly points out that he would not be able to withstand a SWAT team.
- Call-Back: Michael refers to the crisis as "Threat Level Midnight," the screenplay Jim found in Michael's desk in Season 2.
- Captain Morgan Pose: For some reason Michael puts his foot on the table in the conference room.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: Michael's apology is not accepted.
- Disproportionate Retribution: The client Michael speaks to refuses to accept their apology and their offer of free product (plus the refund for the paper already sent to them). When asked what would fix this, they tell Michael he needs to resign for this error, under the mistaken belief that he's the head of the company. Even when he explains to her he's only the regional manager and had no authority over the paper-mill, she continues to angrily demand he should.
- Moral Event Horizon: Creed has been shown to be a thief, but this time he really crosses the line. In addition to blowing off his job, he thrusts the blame on a hapless employee who was sick that day. When she gets fired, he takes up a collection and keeps the money.
- Shout-Out: To Gwen Stefani. Kelly sings a bit of "Hollaback Girl." Also, it might be accidental, but in a Call-Forward, Pam's outfit makes her look a little like Olive Oyl. (Pam, Jim, and baby CeCe will dress up as Olive, Popeye, and Sweet Pea in a later episode).
- Small Name, Big Ego: Michael calls a press conference, and the only media that shows up is the local classifieds.