After an accident in the warehouse, Darryl holds a safety training seminar. During the office seminar about ergonomics and SADD, Michael feels both left out and emasculated when Darryl tells him he's a wimp. The office starts a betting pool.
- Abusive Parents: Dwight was shunned from ages four through six. For throwing out the oil from a can of tuna.
- Accidental Misnaming: Michael refers to Madge as "Pudge," which she corrects. He can't be bothered to learn her name, though, referring to her as "Patch" later in the episode.
- Bad "Bad Acting": Michael and Dwight engage in this during Michael's demonstration of the dangers of depression. Made even worse when Michael realizes Dwight forgot to get the warehouse workers and they do the routine again once they're present.Jim: Well, you know, the first performance was a little off. But I really think they hit their stride, in the second show. Um, might even bring my parents tomorrow, to the matinee.
- Break Them by Talking: Michael unwittingly does it to himself during his fake suicide act, actually managing to seriously consider jumping.
- Call-Back: Michael points out that he has driven the forklift, which he did in "Boys and Girls." And promptly wrecked the warehouse.
- Captain Oblivious: Creed doesn't notice when Toby replaces the apple he's eating with a potato. Between bites.
- Continuity Nod: After he drops a watermelon on Stanley's car, Michael tells Dwight to contact James P. Albini, his lawyer from "Sexual Harassment."
- Driven to Suicide: Michael fakes it at first, then starts to think he has nothing to live for. Darryl talks him down.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Michael pulls the ladder out from Darryl and yells "How's it hanging?"Darryl: I'm genuinely afraid for my workers.
- Fish out of Water: Losing several bets involving the various habits of her coworkers makes Karen realize just how much of a stranger she still is to the Scranton branch.
- Funny Background Event: While Darryl is yelling at Michael for wanting to use the baler, Dwight actually pokes his head into it.
- Gilligan Cut: When Darryl is explaining the office's records with safety:Darryl: This particular time, I was reaching for a supply box on the top shelf, when one office worker, who shall remain nameless, kicked the ladder out from under me and yelled-(cut to Michael, struggling to not laugh)Michael: (barely keeping his composure) "Hey Darryl, how's it hangin'?!" (laughs)
- Hypocritical Humor: Sea Monster teases Michael about "fat butt disease," when Sea Monster is a large gentleman himself.
- Motor Mouth: Kelly babbles about Netflix for over two minutes without taking a breath.Kevin: Ryan, well done. Two minutes, forty-two seconds. Additionally, Pam, you win ten because she said "awesome" twelve times, and Jim, you win five because she mentioned six romantic comedies.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Darryl realizes that his earlier dressing down of Michael has led to a situation where he might actually get himself killed and talks him down.
- Oh, Crap! Michael's reaction when the watermelon hits Stanley's car; he even says it in so many words
- The rest of the cast get one when they realize that Michael is going to be seriously hurt, perhaps killed, if he tries to jump onto the bouncy castle. Jim and Pam in particular are clearly close to panic. Then a second Oh, Crap! sets in when they slowly start to realize that Michael (who lives his life on a tightrope) may be close to jumping for real. Fortunately Darryl, who realized that his The Reason You Suck speech to Michael earlier probably hit too close to home, was able to get through to him.
- Scary Black Man: Also a Continuity Nod to "Traveling Salesmen", Ryan is intimidated by big black dudes. He backs down after Kelly talks smack to Sea Monster.
- Shout-Out: Possibly one to Fight Club. Computers can explode, but only if you stuff them full of explosives.