Ryan brings Michael to his business class as a guest speaker. Pam and Roy are back together. Dwight finds a bat hiding in the ceiling, leading to Jim's prank: he makes Dwight believe he's been bitten and will turn into a vampire. Pam has her first art show.
Air date: February 15, 2007
- Cool Teacher: Michael considers himself to be this, like Mr. Handell. He says that he would hang out with the students and tell awesome jokes."And he actually hooked up with one of the students. Um... and then like twelve other kids came forward. It was in all the papers. Really ruined eighth grade for us."
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: As punishment for embarrassing him, Michael makes Ryan move to the annex...with Kelly. Where Toby can overhear them.
- Didn't Think This Through: Michael tips out multiple pages of a student's textbook to make a point, before realizing how expensive they are.
- Dumbass Has a Point: After sending Ryan to the annex, Michael imparts some wisdom."A good manager doesn't fire people. He hires people and inspires people. People, Ryan. And people will never go out of business."
- It Will Never Catch On: Michael once again downplays the importance of computers in the changing marketplace. He tells the students that "real business is done on paper" and instructs them to write that down, which they do on their laptops.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Gil rips into Pam's art, calling it "motel art." She's visibly crushed, but it contributes to her Character Development, when she later tries to take more risks, since she has indeed made something that lacks courage and honesty.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Michael, who uses a number of contradictory metaphors to explain his points. Ryan is only having him speak to boost his grades.
- One of the Kids: Michael jumps into the middle of two students throwing a frisbee.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Ryan gives a scathing critique of Dunder-Mifflin to his class, though Michael doesn't hear most of it due to being in a soundproof room.
- Totally Radical: Michael seems to think Beanie Babies are still as popular as they were in the 90s.
- Vampires Hate Garlic: As part of his prank on Dwight, Jim acts as if his hand is burned from touching garlic bread.