Michael sets up the network so he can read the employees' email. He finds out that he's not invited to a barbecue at Jim's house. Pam thinks something is up between Dwight and Angela.
Air date: November 22, 2005
- Artistic License Biology: Dwight thinks the high rate of yeast infections is caused by an old bread factory.
- Blatant Lies: Everyone makes up a story about their evening plans.
- Butt-Monkey: While he brings it on himself by being obnoxious, by the end of the episode, you feel sorry for Michael for being the social outcast. Finally, Jim takes pity on him, joining him in a karaoke version of "Islands in the Stream."
- Chandler's Law: Michael annoys everyone when he plays only this trope at his improv class.
- Et Tu, Brute?: When Dwight lies to him, Michael asks "You too?"
- Extended Disarming: Played for laughs. When Michael keeps disrupting the improv with a gun, the instructor makes him hand them all over.
- Highly Visible Password: Michael keeps his password (1-2-3-4) on a sticky note on his computer.
- Mistaken for Terrorist: When Michael sees the IT guy (a Sikh) arrive, he thinks DM is under attack.