It's Performance Review time company-wide. Michael asks everyone for advice about his relationship with Jan. Jim pranks Dwight into thinking it's Friday, when it's actually Thursday.
Air date : November 15, 2005
- Beauty Contest: Angela was a pageant contestant when she was younger.I enjoy being judged.
- Blatant Lies: Michael claims he goes through the suggestion box every week. The very first suggestion he reads is about the Y2K scare, which was five years prior. The second is a request for depression outreach from an employee who killed himself (see below).
- Brick Joke: Dwight points out he's never late or absent. At the end of the episode, after Jim and Pam have convinced him it's Friday instead of Thursday, he's late to work.Michael: Never missed a day, my ass.
- Driven to Suicide: Tom, a former accountant. Apparently, also the impetus for the whole documentary.
- Foreshadowing: In the opener, Dwight boasts that his exercise ball improves sex and Jim glibly replies "You're not having sex, Dwight." Dwight gives an Aside Glance at the camera, implying Jim is dead wrong on that front. Later in the episode, when Angela hears gossip concerning Michael and Jan, she coldly states that office romances are none of anyone's business, implying she took personal offense. The next episode reveals that the two of them are having a secret affair.
- Theme Music Power-Up: Dwight plays air guitar in the stairwell, to psych himself up for his review.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Michael has spent the whole episode trying to get Jan to talk about the night they spent together. She loses it and tells him how awful he is.