Jan holds a "Women in the Workplace" seminar with the women from Dunder-Mifflin. Michael is jealous at being shut out of his conference room. He heads down to the warehouse, where the workers want to form a union. Pam starts to think about art classes.
Air date: Feb. 2, 2006
- Armor-Piercing Question: After Roy shoots down her dream of taking art classes, Pam is sitting by herself in the break room. Jim confronts her about it.You've got to take a chance on something sometime, Pam. Do you want to be a receptionist here, always?
- Battle of the Sexes: Michael tries to turn the day into this.
- Bookshelf Dominoes: Michael drives the forklift into a row of bookshelves, that fall over in sequence.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: While the others snicker into their hands, Kelly winks at the camera.
- Carpet of Virility: Michael unbuttons his shirt, causing Darryl to refer to him as "Hasselhoff."
- Ironic Echo: Michael speaks to Jan in a very condescending way, which she repeats back to him.Let's...be...reasonable...The consequences are, everyone will lose their job. What do you think the...pros...are?
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Literally with Michael. His antics in the warehouse cause them to have to reset a two-and-a-half year record of no time loss in workplace accidents.
- Slut-Shaming: Played with. When Jan advises the women to "dress for success," Angela thinks Jan aspires to be a whore.