Jim spends the day trying to keep Michael from revealing his secret. He fails. Oscar takes a sick day, and Dwight tails him to see if he's lying.
Air Date: January 19, 2006
- Captain Oblivious: This episode reveals that Oscar is gay, and Dwight completely misses this.
- Captain Morgan Pose: Michael does this at Jim's desk, which is painfully high for the pose.
- Comically Missing the Point: Dwight found out something about Oscar...He's not sick!
- Didn't Think This Through: Jim admits that confiding his secret to Michael was not a smart move, though he admits he had a few drinks beforehand.
- The Ditz: Creed doesn't know who Pam is.
- Fanservice with a Smile: Subverted when Michael takes Jim to Hooters for lunch. He orders the "chicken breast without the chicken," and the waitress gives him a well-deserved verbal smackdown.
- Incredibly Lame Pun/What's a Henway?: What's Updog? Michael, due to his Cannot Tell a Joke tendencies, still screws it up.
- Secret Keeper: Played with. Michael sees himself as this, since Jim revealed his feelings for Pam in a moment of drunken vulnerability. He's terrible at keeping the secret, including talking to Jim in front of Stanley, and using patently obvious "code."
- That Came Out Wrong: Michael's talking head.Michael: A cluttered desk means a cluttered mind. That means an empty desk...Dwight: Means an empty mind.Michael: No, that's not what I meant.