As a leadership training exercise, Michael invites the gang on a Booze Cruise. In January.
Air date: January 5, 2006
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: Inverted. Katy was a cheerleader in high school. Jim is unimpressed.
- Brick Joke: After Michael compares the cruise to Titanic, we cut to Jim addressing the camera:Jim: Michael stands in the front of the boat and says that he's king of the world within the first hour, or I give you my next paycheck.
- After everyone gets on board, Michael does just that, prompting the cameraman to focus on Jim, who checks his watch and confirms.
- Butt-Monkey: Subverted in a deleted scene, where Toby was intentionally late to the cruise.
- Dumbass Has a Point: The advice Michael gives Jim."Engaged ain't married. Never, ever, ever give up."
- Shout-Out: Several, to Titanic.
- Side Bet: "Michael stands in the front of the boat and says that he's king of the world within the first hour, or I give you my next paycheck."
- Sweater Girl: Lampshaded by Roy. Pam was "artsy-fartsy" in high school and wore a lot of turtlenecks.
- Wham Episode: Jim works up the courage to talk to Pam about how he feels, but then Roy finally decides on a date for the wedding.