It's Christmas at Dunder Mifflin and the whole office is planning a party. Michael, the only one who received a Christmas bonus, buys an iPod for his Secret Santa recipient. This leads to a game of White Elephant/Yankee Swap, and a lot of hurt feelings. To make up for it, Michael defies company rules and buys alcohol for the party.
Air date: December 6, 2005.
- The Alcoholic: Meredith says this is her last hurrah, because she's not going to drink anymore...during the week.
- Brotherhood of Funny Hats: Angela likes Anne Geddes -style posters of babies dressed as adults. Toby buys her a poster of two babies wearing fedoras and playing instruments.I felt really weird, buying that.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Todd Packer, despite showing up last, is the first to pass out.
- Christmas Episode: The first of several.
- Insistent Terminology: Bob Vance...Vance Refrigeration.
- Noodle Incident: Jim fills Pam's teapot with in-jokes, including a pencil.
- Toplessness from the Back: When Meredith flashes Michael, her back is to the camera.