While Myrna eats lunch at the apartment due to a broken leg, Oscar ends up telling her the story of how he balanced playing host to Felix and his pregnant wife with trying to get a bribery story from a nervous couple — and how Felix earned himself a lifetime ban from the hospital.
This episode includes examples of the following tropes:
- Call-Forward: Oscar tells Gloria that he's impressed with her, because he could never live with Felix. Eventually, Gloria will lose her patience and Felix will end up rooming with Oscar for years.
- It Came from the Fridge: When Myrna asks if Oscar has anything to drink, he offers her green juice or brown juice. When she asks what the difference is, he answers that it's two weeks. Understandably, she passes.
- Obviously Not Fine: Felix reaches into the closet for his hospital bag and pulls out a tennis racket instead without realizing it. Seeing this in the waiting room tells Oscar that he's not as composed as he claims.
- Panicky Expectant Father: As might be expected, Felix does not take the impending birth calmly. Even before Gloria goes into labor, his behavior drives Oscar and Gloria so crazy that they ask him to go to the movies. Once there, he calls Oscar incessantly to ask about his wife. After going to the hospital, he gradually falls apart, ending up getting himself thrown out for things like commandeering the PA system.
- Persona Non Grata: Felix got himself banned from the hospital where Gloria gave birth.
- Switched at Birth: Felix calms down momentarily when he sees his newborn daughter, but then he begins worrying that the baby he saw doesn't actually belong to him and Gloria.
- Wacky Cravings: Defied; when Oscar offers her a pickle, Gloria says that Felix has put her on a strict diet, seemingly in an attempt to make sure the baby doesn't suffer any consequences.
- Whole Episode Flashback: Almost the entire episode consists of Oscar telling Myrna why Felix sent presents but didn't visit her while she was in the hospital with a broken leg.