Release: February 22, 2011
Focus: Nostalgic commercials
This review contains examples of!
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Critic calls the kids in the Smooshies and Grape Escape commercials sadists.
- Bad "Bad Acting": Critic mocks a girl who says an entranced "Wow!" in a Barbie commercial for this.
- Big "NO!": Critic when a fisherman asks his partner where did the Wunder Boner come from.
- Cargo Ship: Critic's interpretation of the kids wanting their Pops from the Corn Pops commercials.
- During the After Burner commercial, Critic recalls a scene from Suburban Commando.
- Critic plays a clip of Koopa saying "Monkey!".
- Critic says that the rapper in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening commercial should do a duet with Kazaam.
- "Well excuuuuuuse me, Princess!".
- "You are tearing me apart, Corn Pops/Fun Fruit Trees!"
- Double Entendre: "I'LL MAKE YOU EAT YOUR WIFE'S BOX!"
- Driven to Suicide: Critic interprets the unseen woman on the phone in the Cabbage Patch Kids commercial shocked about having grandchildren and yelling "I don't want to live!".
- Flat "What": Critic gives two to the Johnson boat commercial.
- Innocent Innuendo: The Johnson and Wunder Boner commercials.
- Jaw Drop: Critic when the Wunder Boner commercial comes on.
- Mundane Made Awesome: "FUCKING BUBBLES!"
- Rattling Off Legal
- When a gorilla appears in a Burger King Kids' Club commercial, a disclaimer appears reading "Actual odds of getting raped by a gorilla in a Burger King now only 1 in 5".
- He also does one during the Song of the South commercial.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: During a Fruity Pebbles commercial, Critic as Fred gives one to Barney.Critic as Fred: Okay, Barney. Um, before I chase you around in some comedic routine, I just want to ask you one thing. Look at yourself. Just really look at yourself. I mean... My God, Barney. My God. You're a pathetic wreck. I mean... that stage alone. How much did that cost you? Hundred, maybe thousands of dollars? And you keep doing this every week. Week after week, you blow your money away when you could be spending time with your family! This is why you're defaulting on your mortgage, Barn! This is why Betty has to strip! Here, here's uh... twenty dollars. That's... that's good for a couple boxes. Go. Go to the store, get a few and enjoy yourself! You have a problem, Barn, you have a real serious problem and it needs to be addressed. I mean seriously, Barn! What is it about my cereal that sets it apart from other cereals!?
Critic as Barney: 'Cause it came from your wife's box.
Critic as Fred: Okay, Barn! You're going down! (cocks a gun and shoots after Barney)
- Running Gag: Critic getting annoyed by commercials urging kids to call a hotline number.
- Critic wonders who was really on the other end of the hotline and has a phone chat with Herbert.
- The scene where Mr. Owl from the Tootsie Pop commercial opens his eyes.
- Scream sounds from Ren & Stimpy and Tom and Jerry play during the Grape Escape commercial.
- A clip from Pulp Fiction plays during the Guess Who? commercial.
- In the madness of the Corn Pops commercial, pictures from The Shining flash by.
- A clip from The Evil Dead (1981) plays during the Fun Fruits commercial.
- So Okay, It's Average: The Critic's summation of Song of the South, as part of his Rattling Off Legal on it: "See the film that millions of people around the world are calling... 'OKAY!'"
- Sting: When the Wunder Boner is revealed.
- Subverted Catchphrase: "I'm The Nostalgia Critic and... ugh. Wunder Boner? REALLY?!"
- Take That!
- Critic says that the He-Man hotline commercial turns the sexual undertones into sexual overtones.
- Critic says the dinosaurs from Dino-Riders would be awesome if Jeff Goldblum wasn't with them.
- Critic says that because of the environmental trading cards, Burger King Kids' Club Meals will never beat Happy Meals.
- Tempting Fate
- When Critic says that the commercial for Link's Awakening is stupid with the rap and that the Japanese treated the franchise with more respect, it cuts to the Japanese commercial.Critic: (in response, imitating Link) Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess!
- Critic asks how can the Johnson commercial get any more creepy, the next lyric (You, your kids, and your Johnson) makes him do a Jaw Drop.
- As Critic speculates that the risque name for the Johnson boat wasn't intention, the Wunder Boner commercial comes on.
- When Critic says that the commercial for Link's Awakening is stupid with the rap and that the Japanese treated the franchise with more respect, it cuts to the Japanese commercial.
"My WIFE would like that!"