Release: February 2, 2010
Film: Battlefield Earth (2000)
This review contains examples of:
- Apocalypse How: A Class X is set to obliterate Terl's home planet of Psychlo, since someone lit a cigarette.
- Broken Record:High Ruler: WITH ENDLESS OPTIONS FOR RENEWAL! WITH ENDLESS OPTIONS FOR RENEWAL! WITH ENDLESS OPTIONS FOR RENEWAL!
Critic: Oh sorry! I have this bad habit of repeating myself, repeating myself, repeating myself, repeating my- (smacks himself) I'm an idiot.
- Clip Show: It initially looks like the 100th episode will be a clip show, until Ma-Ti and 2008 Nostalgia Critic convince 2010 Nostalgia Critic to tackle Battlefield Earth instead.
- Critical Research Failure: Invoked: The Critic's breaking point in the review is the idea that the Psychlos' planet has an atmosphere that can easily explode, and a race as aggressive as the Psychlos have "never had an explosion." However, as stated in the film, the atmosphere the Psychlos breathe reacts violently to radiation, which is what ends up destroying their planet.
- Dutch Angle: Noah Antwiler as Terl is always shot in dutch angle mode, parodying the overuse of dutch angles in Battlefield Earth.
- Hypocrite: Critic calls Johnny out on the fact that he nearly killed someone over food and then stating they have more problems than killing each other over food.
- Large Ham: Ma-Ti in the beginning: "YESSSS!!!! BATTLEFIELD EAAAAAARRRRRTTTTTTHHHH!!!!"
"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a play to rehearse for tomorrow evening. 'To be...or not to BEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!'"
- Even better in the outtakes, where you can actually watch him get hammier in each take until Doug is finally satisfied.
- Noah also manages to put forth some excellent ham as Terl.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Once his planet is about to explode, Terl tells the Critic that he needs to recite some dying words. He gets as far as "OOOOOOOOHHH" when the transmission cuts out.
- According to Doug, Noah recorded an entire line, but he decided it would be funnier if he just cut it off right at the beginning.
- Never Heard That One Before: Stated word for word by the Critic when one of the aliens mistake dogs as the superior species to man since man take care of them.
- Self-Deprecation: The Critic, whose past self is pissed that his future self is doing a clip show for his 100th episode.Past Nostalgia Critic: The Nostalgia Critic of the past wouldn't do a thing like this.
Nostalgia Critic: But it's my hundredth episode!
Past Nostalgia Critic: (mocking) "But it's my hundredth episode!" God, what a cop-out!
- The Stoner: NC originally planned to do a crummy clipshow while he sat back and smoked a joint. When Past Critic and Ma-Ti called him out on it, he was already rolling one.
- Stupid Evil: The Critic gets increasingly pissed at the also-increasing signs of mind-numbing stupidity displayed by the Psychlos — almost reaching his breaking point when he learns they've never heard of Fort Knox and the gold contained therein.Critic: They're not... They're honestly not... Son of a BIIITCH!
- The Un-Reveal: The two sci-fi movie guesses that the Critic made when Ma-Ti said is "so terrible, it makes his nipples tingle with fear" before he says the name of the reviewed movie are never revealed.
- What an Idiot!: Invoked: Much like Roger Ebert did, Critic is not kind to the scene where Johnny hands the gun back to Terl, calling him a moron.
"While you were still learning to spell your name!"