Release: October 12, 2010
Coundtown: Top 11 Scariest Performances
- Douglas Rain as HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Linda Blair as Regan MacNeil from The Exorcist
- Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men
- Heath Ledger as The Joker from The Dark Knight
- Jason Miller and Brad Dourif as the Gemini Killer from The Exorcist III
- Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates from Psycho
- Malcolm McDowell as Alex from A Clockwork Orange
- Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon
- Robert Patrick as T-1000 from Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Kathy Bates as Annie Wilkes from Misery
- Oliver Reed as Bill Sykes from Oliver!.
This countdown contains examples of:
- Blue and Orange Morality: The reason he finds Anton so terrifying.
- Implacable Man: The reason he finds Hannibal Lecter in Red Dragon so terrifying: nothing, not even being locked up, will stop him from getting his revenge.
- Knight of Cerebus: Critic cites that some of the performances for being this. For example, he says that Sykes is so bad that even calling his dog over is scary, and that Hannibal Lecter is scarier in Red Dragon than in The Silence of the Lambs because he was more active and threatening, always following the protagonists everywhere no matter where they could hide.
- The reason he finds Annie Walkes so terrifying: she can go from nice and sweet to completely Ax-Crazy at the drop of a hat and thus keeps him on edge no matter what she's doing because anything could set her off.
- Also part of the reason he put the Gemini Killer on the list: both personalities can go between being soft spoken to bloodcurdling screams at the drop of a hat.
- Sadist: Alex's place on the list is partly cemented by the just how much joy he takes in the horrific things he does.
- Sequel Hook: Critic says that the reason he didn't include Tim Curry as Pennywise from It is because that's the subject of his next review.
- Subverted Catchphrase: "Why top 11? (evil laugh)"
- They Look Just Like Everyone Else!: The reason he considers the T-1000 scarier than the original Terminator: he looks like a normal guy and doesn't stand out in a crowd.
- Villainous Crush: While he finds Hannibal much scarier in Red Dragon, the Critic admits he can see why having a lunatic like that in love with you like in The Silence of the Lambs would be terrifying, and thus includes that performance on the list.