Release: February 18, 2009
This review contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Critic dubs over Sonic's voice with Steve Urkel.
- Atomic F-Bomb: The Critic does this twice: once when "The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" pushes him over the edge (see Roaring Rampage of Revenge below) and once in reaction to the second and far better "Sonic the Hedgehog" show being canceled.
- Big "WHAT?!": Critic when Scratch pulls a drawstring on his hand and an inflatable sexy woman pops out.
- Also, before the above, when Grounder blows into his hand and makes a pumpkin appear.
- Boredom Montage: Inverted. Critic gets increasingly happy in response to the latter show's theme song.
- Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys: Critic dubs over Antoine as a coward who wants to surrender like the rest of France.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Critic flat out asks why the robot isn't doing this when it is revealed can inflate his hand and make a woman.Critic: Why would you be chasing a hedgehog if you can make your hand into a woman!?!?!
- Guilty Pleasures: Despite the merciless bashing the Critic gave AOSTH in the review, a commentary for the episode revealed that Doug himself doesn't actually hate the show and actually finds the weirdness amusing.
- Manipulative Editing: For whatever reason, possibly to force it to fit the queen rant he wanted to make, Doug lies about the series implying the king is dead (when he's really alive and in fact discovered later in the series) and cuts off the "At least now" from the "I know he's alive! I just don't know where!" that Sally said when she had just gotten proof that he was alive.
- Name McAdjective: Fuckup McDumbass
- Princesses Rule: Critic blasts Sally Acorn for holding a princess title because it "sounds cute".Critic: You're a queen — QUEEN IT UP, BITCH!
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: "THIS! IS! SONIC!"
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: The Critic was already having difficulty with this show, but the Sonic Says segment, with its often unusual messages of the day, is what really pushes the Critic over the edge:Critic: I mean, what else could you possibly teach that would be as stupid as that?!?
Sonic: Even you can learn something from a sloth.
Critic: FUCK THIS SHOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!
(pulls out a gun and proceeds to shoot the heads off of everyone on the show)
- Rule of Three:Critic: This is torture! This is madness! THIS. IS. SONIC!!!
- Rule 34: When discussing furries, the Critic wonders why there is no fanbase for centaurs. The Critic seems to have forgotten Rule 34: If it exists, there is porn of it. That includes centaurs.
- Running Gag: While viewing the serious show, he compares it to "that other show".Critic: It [the serious Sonic show] literally took nothing and turned it into something, unlike... (sighs) THAT OTHER FUCKING SHOW! They took nothing and turned it into even less than nothing!
- Running Gagged: The Critic tries to retire the running joke involving the clip of M. Bison saying "Of course!", but fails.Critic: Fucking joke!
- In the parody commercial for the first show, it's recommended for kids who think The Ren & Stimpy Show is too sane for them.
- Critic calls Robotnik's minions so inept that they wouldn't even make it as half-baked Mega Man villains.
- Coconuts is compared to George W. Bush.
- Critic says that the crazy show is something that they would show to Malcolm McDowell to warp his mind.
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: In response to giving Scratch and Grounder really annoying voices, the Critic gripes, "Yeah, you make them sound annoying for a reason — THEY ANNOY YOU!!!"
- Tempting Fate: Critic is excited about the latter show's season 2 cliffhanger, only to be angered when he finds out it was Left Hanging.
- Trigger Happy: Critic shoots up the former show's cast.
- Your Head A-Splode: The Critic shoots the entire AOSTH cast's heads off.