Release: June 1, 2008
Countdown: Top 11 Catchiest Theme Songs
- DuckTales (1987) (1987-1990)
- Inspector Gadget (1983-1986)
- Animaniacs (1993-1998) (though more generally, "anything by the Richard Stone" team)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) (1987-1996) [note: He's referring to the first theme song in this countdown]
- The Transformers (1984-1987)
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (1983-1986)
- Power Rangers (1993-1995)
- Thunder Cats (1985-1989)
- Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? (1991-1995), honorable mention Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego? (1995-1999)
- Reading Rainbow (1983-2006)
- Sesame Street (1969-present)
This review provides examples of:
- Ear Worm: The Critic claims that the DuckTales (1987) theme song will "never leave".
- Limited Animation: Referenced by the Critic; he notes that in a lot of '80s cartoons, the openings were far better animated than the actual episodes, and showed a clip from Thundercats to prove his point.Critic: I mean, as soon as the show started, the characters NEVER moved like in the opening. I mean look at this, they're barely moving a muscle. DO SOMETHING!
- Mood-Swinger: In regards to DuckTales:Critic: So now that you've heard the catchiest Nostalgic Song of all time... (ominously) tell the people. Warn them. Don't let them hear the song, because once it gets into your head, it buries its way into your brain, festering. FESTERING until it bloooooms into a gigantic ball of human waste that'll eat you alive! WARN THE PEOPLE! WARN THE PEOPLE!!! (suddenly cheerful) I'm the Nostalgia Critic, I remember it so you don't have to.
- Rule of Three: The Critic gives three instances where the DuckTales theme song would suddenly pop back into your head:Critic: You think you're trying to answer the questions on your math test, but nope! All you're thinking about is- ("DuckTales, woo-ooh!") You think you're playing basketball with your teammates, but nope! All you're thinking about is- ("DuckTales, woo-ooh!") You think you're about to achieve enlightenment, the pearly gates of knowledge are opening up, and all the secrets of the universe are about to be revealed. ...BUT NO! ALL YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT IS- ("DuckTales, woo-ooh!")