Release: September 19, 2017
Film: A Goofy Movie (1995)
Tagline: 90s kids love it, but why? Is it simply nostalgia, or is there really more to it? Nostalgia Critic takes a look at A Goofy Movie.
- Adorkable: The Critic acknowledges that Max and Roxanne's chemistry pretty much runs on this.
- Creepy Child: Several weird-looking children in the movie are "enhanced" with glowing red eyes and Ominous Latin Chanting.
- Furry Confusion: Several jokes come from the Critic's confusion over the fact that everyone is an anthropomorphic animal.
- Reality-Breaking Paradox: When Goofy mentions Walt Disney by name, the movie suddenly explodes.Critic!Goofy: A-hyuck, did we just implode our universe for a minute? (beat) Oh well.
- Sand In My Eyes: Critic says he has something in his eye while watching the "Hi Dad soup" scene. He gets it out of his eye before saying "This scene makes me CRY!".
- As Critic wonders why everyone in the neighborhood is all dogs, he wonders if there's a class system and if they're the hyenas from The Lion King evolved.
- When Goofy's car careens off a cliff and into a river, Critic says there's no other way to describe it but that he and Max are in a car DOWN BY THE RIVER!
- Take That!:
- During the opening dream sequence, Critic mentions that Max's fantasy of Roxanne is kinder than those the Internet has had of her. Afterward, captions reading "DON'T GOOGLE IT! I DID! MISTAKE!" appear.
- In response to a scene of a kid crying hysterically while being dragged into Lester's Possum Park, Critic says she's like every kid who saw was dropped off at The Nut Job.
- When Goofy talks about "the perfect cast", Critic interjects "You know, something Suicide Squad didn't have".