The Magic School Bus Goes to Seed
The class's garden has been chosen to be featured in a magazine. Carlos is excited, but Phoebe is worried because a teacher from her old school was supposed to bring one last plant for the big showing. Ms. Frizzle, against Phoebe's wishes, decides to take the class to Phoebe's old school to find the plant in question, and learn about pollination.
- Adorkable: Mr. Seedplot, practically when someone brings up Ms. Frizzle around him.
- Catchphrase: Phoebe's "at my old school" phrase is parodied when Keesha points out that they are at her old school.
- Chekhov's Gun: Arnold's allergy to pollen leads to the class finding a proper seed for the plant that Phoebe wants in her garden.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Mr. Seedplot begins daydreaming at one point during the producer segment before the caller and Liz snap him out of it.Seedplot: (zoning out) But some things just can't be rushed...Caller: What are you talking about?Seedplot: (Liz is pinching him) Oh! Oh, sorry, what was the question?
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: "Phoebe's Old School".
- Funny Background Event: As Mr. Seedplot chats with the photographer, unknowingly stalling him, the bus is seen transforming, rather conspicuously, in the distance.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Ms. Fizzle behaves like one towards Mr. Seedplot, to amplify the Ship Tease between them.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Subverted. Although Phoebe's "embarrassment" about introducing Ms. Frizzle to Mr. Seedplot ends up delaying the class and risking their photography session, it actually allows them to find the seed they were looking for.
- Panty Shot: Dorothy Ann's panties can be seen as she jumps into the tube in the flower.
- Shipper on Deck: Liz ships Mr. Seedplot x Ms. Frizzle, as seen in the Producer segment after she (Liz) reads his love letter to her (Ms. Frizzle). Liz dresses up as a delivery girl and brings her owner the gifts.
- Ship Tease: Mr. Seedplot and Ms. Frizzle.Photographer: (to Mr. Seedplot) Are you Mr. Frizzle?Caller: (on the phone to Mr. Seedplot, during the Producer segment) Does Ms. Frizzle have a boyfriend?
- Skewed Priorities: Carlos thinks Phoebe has this, first in seeking out a plant at the last minute when a photographer is coming, and then in hiding from her professor.
- Ungrateful Bastard: The kids eventually realize that Phoebe is a softer version of this, in that Ms. Frizzle has done a lot for Phoebe but the latter is embarrassed about her. Phoebe gets over it when Carlos points out that Ms. Frizzle did a lot for Phoebe in this episode.
- Weirdness Censor: The aversion is discussed; Phoebe is worried about what Mr. Seedpot will say if the class appears "poof out of nowhere". Mr. Seedpot when the bus appears plays the trope straight, though it's implied he knows how Ms. Frizzle works.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Carlos calls out Phoebe for having Skewed Priorities about creating a time crunch with the photographer.