Yes-Man: The Loud sisters need help from the "master of persuasion", AKA Lincoln. He will teach them how they can ask Mom and Dad for money.
Friend or Faux?: Lisa gets her kindergarten report card back to discover she's gotten an F in social skills. To bring up her grade, she must make a friend.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Luna when asking for Lincoln's help. She even mentions the trope by name.
- Attending Your Own Funeral: Played with. As part of her act to convince her parents to give her cash, Lucy stages her own funeral. Later, Lincoln tries it too, with no success.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The giant robotic bug from Lisa's virtual reality simulation.
- Comically Missing the Point: Leni, as usual. When Luna asks her and Lori who can "spot [her] some green", Leni begins to point out all the green objects in the room, not realizing that Luna was asking for money.
- Continuity Nod:
- Lincoln wears his grown-up suit again.
- This is the second time SMOOCH is an important part of the plot. Lincoln also mentioned how he's been to a SMOOCH concert before.
- This is the second time all the Loud sisters form a band together.
- Exact Eavesdropping: Luna overhears Lincoln brag to his friends how he's the master of convincing, which prompts her to ask for his help.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Due to Lincoln successfully teaching his sisters how they can ask their parents for money, they run out of it by the time he gets to ask them for some.
- Irony: Lincoln, the "master of convincing" who helped all his sisters get money from their parents, is ultimately the only one who fails to get the cash he needs.
- Loud of War: Lily's tactic to get money is just crying really, really loud. Later on, Lincoln tries this, to which Lily gives him a thumbs down.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Lola and Lana use this trick when asking their parents for cash. Later, when his own tactics don't work, Lincoln tries the same thing, but it fails.
- Stock Scream: The Wilhelm scream plays when Luna slams the door on Lincoln at the beginning of the episode.
- The Un Favourite: The other sisters beside Luna play this card on Lincoln for helping her out but the not the rest.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: The sisters realize they took advantage of Lincoln, and stage a performance to make it up, even getting SMOOCH in on the act.
"Friend or Faux?"
- A Day in the Limelight: Lisa is the star of this episode.
- Continuity Nod:
- Did Not Think This Through: Lisa doesn't consider the fact that even after spending time with Darcy to get an A in social skills that Darcy would still want to be friends afterwards.
- Double Take: Lisa when reading her report card:
- Dramatically Missing the Point: Lisa sees making a friend as an academic requirement in class, not realizing it's meant to help her develop relationships with others for its own sake.
- Friendship Trinket: Darcy makes a friendship bracelet for Lisa, and offers to teach Lisa how to make one for her so they can be bracelet-twins.
- Galactic Superpower: Lisa repeatedly mentions an interplanetary council, that she hopes to someday join as a representative of Earth. Whether said council actually exists already or if it's something that Lisa believes will be formed in the near future remains unknown.
- Jerkass Realization: Lisa comes to realize she was mistreating Darcy.
- Literal-Minded: Lisa builds a robot as her first attempt at 'making a friend'. This does not work.
- No Social Skills: Lisa's problem.
- Paste Eater: One of Lisas classmates is seen eating paste, hence why Lisa deems him unfit to be her potential friend.
- Sand In My Eyes: Inverted after Lisa returns the friendship bracelet:(Darcy starts to whimper)Lisa: (oblivious) What's wrong? Did some of the concentrated acid get in your eye?Darcy: (crushed) NO! YOU HURT MY FEELINGS! (cries)
- Secret Hand Shake: Lincoln and Clyde are shown to have one. First they high-five, then Clyde twirls, and they finish it off with a fist bump.
- Shout-Out: The title card image is a parody of the closing shot of several Toys "R" Us commercials from the 1980s. Even the music sounds similar to the store's famous theme song.
- Time Out: Lisa is punished with this after making Darcy cry.