Linc or Swim: Since the Louds are banned from every community pool within a 60 mile radius, Lincoln decides to buy a kiddie pool for himself, not wanting his sisters to use it.
Changing the Baby: Feeling he has nothing in common with his sisters, Lincoln tries to mold Lily into his mini-me, which gets his sisters vying for Lily's attention.
"Linc or Swim"
- The Cameo: A lot of the seniors at the first community pool are based on elderly people from other Nicktoons. Specifically, Lou Pickles, Iroh, Ms. Bitters, Miss Fowl and Phil Shortman.
- Chekhov's Gun: The "No Cannonballs" label. The one thing Lincoln has always wanted to do in a pool for this entire episode ends up being the very thing that destroys his own.
- Eye Twitch: Lincoln gets one after being kicked out of the second pool.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Inverted. The Loud kids don't think their antics were a problem, though the lifeguards reacted realistically.
- Guilt by Association Gag: If just one or a few Loud kids are causing trouble at a pool, all 11 of them are banned, including Lincoln, who never entered the pool in the first place.
- Hypocrite: Lincoln is called "selfish and bossy" even though Lori tries to hog his pool for "senior swim", using her status as a high school senior.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Literally. When Lincoln performs his final cannonball, he doesn't notice a "no cannonballs" sticker inside the giant pool, thus ripping it apart.
- Pool Episode: All the main characters are wearing swimsuits for their multiple pool trips.
- Putting the Pee in Pool:
- The Louds got banned from one community pool when Lily pooped in the pool.
- Lisa's test for urine in the pool and all of her older sisters' embarrassed reactions show that they all peed in the pool.
- The episode ends with Lily pooping in the pool again.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Lincoln delivers one to the sisters when he finally snaps and demands to use the small pool alone.
- Running Gag:
- "LOUD FAMILY, OUT!"
- "FECAL INCIDENT!"
- Slow "NO!": By Lincoln when his final cannonball causes the pool to rip.
- Stock Footage: Every time Lincoln runs and yells "Cannonball!", the exact same animation is used.
- Tastes Like Chicken: Lana drinks the pool water (and adds carrots and celery) because she thinks it tastes like chicken noodle soup.
- Waxing Lyrical: After Lincoln inadvertently destroys the giant pool, Luna utters, "Whoa, dude. Looks like pool's out for summer."
"Changing the Baby"
- Adult Fear: Luna would have crushed Lily with a stage dive had the others not gotten her out of the way in time.
- Baby See, Baby Do: Invoked; Lily's older siblings try to get Lily to copy them so they will have someone to share their interests with.
- Between My Legs: At the end with Clyde before he picks up Lily.
- Big Ball of Violence: Twice. Between Lincoln, Lynn, and Luan the first time and between everyone except Lincoln the second time.
- Brick Joke: At one point, Lucy tells Lori that, while speaking with the dead, their great-grandmother didn't like it when she regifted her brooch. At the end, Lori calls Bobby to ask him if his mom still has the brooch she gave her.
- Epic Fail: Leni walking into Lisa and Lily's room to show the latter her magazines only to end up getting stuck in Lily's crib or, as she puts it, a "baby prison."
- Eureka Moment: When the other Loud sisters see that Lincoln is introducing Lily to his hobbies so he can have one sibling that shares the same interests, it inspires them to try to do the same thing since they also have the same issue.
- Everyone Has Standards: Not even Lana wants to eat a peanut butter and sauerkraut sandwich.
- Lori when Leni claims that she's stuck in a "baby prison."
- Lincoln when Lisa gives Lily a lollipop and claims she was gonna give her one after her experiment.
- Flat Scare: Lucy says "Boo" to scare Leni and Lisa.
- Goo Goo Getup: Clyde tries to win Lincoln's attention back by dressing as a baby.
- Has Two Thumbs and...:
Clyde: What has two thumbs and totally wants to hang out with his best friend? This guy!
- When Clyde wants to hang out with Lincoln:
Clyde: Hey, Lily! What has four thumbs and loves milk?Clyde and Lily: These guys!
- Later on, this is echoed by Clyde and Lily when he decides to hang out with the latter:
- Hypno Pendulum: Lincoln's Ace Savvy baby mobile apparently serves as one.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Due to Lily being willing to hang out with each of her siblings, Lincoln and her older sisters all want her to share activities with them. At the end, she decides to hang out with Clyde.
- Laser-Guided Karma: At the beginning, Clyde wants to hang out with Lincoln, but the latter dismisses him so he can mold Lily. At the end of the episode, Clyde does the same thing to Lincoln.
- Let Him Choose: Lincoln and the girls decide to let Lily choose who she wants to be with. Each then holds things up to entice Lily, which overwhelms her in the process. Lily ends up choosing Clyde because he has her discarded blankie.
- Not So Different: Lynn and Lori point out that Lincoln's not the only person in the family who needs someone to share interests with.Lori: Why should you get her? I've literally been waiting 17 years for someone in this family who likes the things I like!
- Ocular Gushers: By Leni while she's "trapped" in Lily's crib.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: Lynn's reaction to Lincoln when he enters her room in just his underwear to invite her to read comics with him.
- Series Continuity Error: Leni, of all people, can't play video games because they'll rot her brain, yet we previously saw her play a racing game.
- Theme Tune Cameo: A lullaby rendition of the main theme plays when Lincoln puts Lily to sleep.
- Title Drop: Lincoln says that he's "changing the baby" when he gets the idea to teach Lily to like the things he likes.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: By Lily when she throws up the peanut butter and sauerkraut sandwich.
- Waxing Lyrical: When each sibling is trying to get Lily to come to them, Luna says "Walk this way."