Airdate: July 9, 2004
Billy wants a bedtime story to help him go back to sleep and Grim is there to get him and Mandy involved in it literally!
The episode beings with Billy calling Mandy in the middle of the night to tell her hes eaten 19 Atomic Frenzy Cakes and now he cant sleep at all so she and Grim have to read him a story to go back to sleep. Once Mandy and Grim arrive they start telling Billy his stories, starting with Mandys Humpy Dumpty.
Humpty Dumpty (played by Billy) sat on a wall and had a great fall. And he fell and fell and fell until he didnt. Humpty Dumpty explodes into a shower of egg innards and coats everyone in the kingdom with it. To celebrate all the Kings horses, and all the Kings men and the starving villagers are forced to eat eggs for every meal again and again. The end.
Billy is unhappy with her story its lack of a happy ending and makes his own. The story starts with a village in the middle of nowhere called Happy Nowhere Village where everyone was always happy, save for a wizard named Chuck who lived in a tree with his pet Pomeranian named Benjamin. Chuck was never invited to the village as he was evil, mean, smelly, had terrible oral hygiene, and was a 910-pound giant. When he came to take his revenge he was so moved by the happiness of the village he too became happy and turned their lake into solid gold. With all the money they bought new houses and stuff for them, got better oral care, and had Benjamins vocal cords removed. And everyone was happy ever after.
Before Billy can leave Grim wants to tell a story from his own supernatural storybook. He starts with Hansel and Gretel and pulls the duo into the book. Theyre forced to do the story to leave and of course, Billy wanders off to hang with Pinocchio instead. He loves hanging out with him until it turns out that Pinocchio wants to be a real boy like Billy and the only way he can is to eat the flesh of a real boy. Billy is nearly boiled alive until Mandy arrives to save him yet again. Pinocchio is turned into a tiny rocking chair and sent to the Witchs house and crushed underneath her. When its time to go home it turns out Billy has finally fallen asleep and so has Grim. The episodes ends with Mandy still trapped in the book and as it fades to black Mandy gives one last ominous warning: Someday you will all pay
"Nursery Crimes" features examples of:
- Become a Real Boy: Pinocchio wants to be one... and he'll eat Billy in an attempt to become one.
- Derailed Fairy Tale: The gist of the episode.
- Fairy Tales: A lot of them though few actually matter to the plot. The ones featured are Humpty Dumpty, Hansel and Gretel, Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, and The Adventures of Pinocchio.
- Happy Ending: Both Billy's and, to an extent, Mandy's as at least the starving villagers have a steady food supply, even if it's only eggs.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Pinocchio believes that eating the flesh of a real boy will make him one but we're never shown if this is true.
- I Fell for Hours: Both Humpty Dumpty and Chuck fall for a pretty long time, though Humpty Dumpty's fall was much worse.
- Jerkass: Chuck the evil wizard. He pokes his own dog off the tree to show how bad he is.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: It turns out he isn't so bad.
- Kick the Dog: Chuck pokes his obnoxious Pomeranian off the tree to show how mean he is.
- Laughing Mad: Pinocchio and Billy have an absolutely bizarre laugh fest after Pinocchio's nose grew after his lie.
- Mister Muffykins: Benjamin the Pomeranian who's "happy ending" involves his vocal cords being removed.
- Not the Fall That Kills You: Humpty Dumpty explodes in a shower of eggs after landing. There was no way anyone was going to fix him after that.
- Sugar Bowl: Happy Nowhere Village, which was so happy even somebody like Chuck could be made happy.
Airdate: July 9, 2004
Billy has ruined his eyes and needs corrective surgery but fixing them is a real challenge, even if youre the Grim Reaper.
The episode starts with Billy playing a video game in the dark for hours before being dragged to school by Mandy before staring at the sun for over a thousand seconds. It only causes him more trouble all the way to lunch, when Mandy decides he needs an intervention and corrective surgery. Billy refuses to get contacts after the optometrists terrible demonstration and seeing the massive laser for eye surgery makes him head for the hills.
When Grim and Mandy finally corner him at his home Grim fixes his eyes perfectly. But the drawback is Billy now sees the terrible future where everyone is hurt in terrible accidents such as Irwin becoming mangled in his bike or Puddin being crushed by an elephant and only gets worse when he sees Mandys head on a table. In an attempt to fix things he tries to pull out his eyes with a plunger only for Grim, on Mandys orders, to zap him again to get rid of the mistake. With every zap Billy sees the world in different ways such as a hard Jhonen Vasquez-esque style, a retro-Anime style, and a saccharine world that last of which drives him nuts and attacks Grim and Mandy after he thinks Grim is messing with him. Billy rampages around the house and only stops when Grim gets back his scythe one last time and shoots Billy one last time. The episode ends with Billy having a pair of creepy looking eyes.
"My Peeps" features examples of:
- Animesque: One of the ways Billy sees the world, complete with Japanese.
- Art Shift: Billy sees the world in different ways when his eyes are "fixed".
- Chase Scene: A Shout-Out to Scooby-Doo.
- Eye Scream: Billy ruins his eye in several ways including looking at the sun and what happens to them after isn't better.
- The optometrists attempt to get a contact on winds up just ruining his only good eye.
- Hypocritical Humor: Billy constantly claims that glasses are for nerds, but when Erwin invites him to play Dungeons and Dinobonoids he runs off excitedly to get his dice.
- Nerd Glasses: Billy refuses to get glasses for this reason.
- Not So Stoic: When Billy's blindness makes him walk out into a busy street, Mandy freaks out in shock at such a boneheaded action.
- One of the worlds Billy sees is similar to Jhonen Vasquez's style with the hard and angular stlye.
- Billy seeing terrible future could be a shout out to The Twilight Zone episode "A Most Unusual Camera" or to the Final Destination series.
- The scene where Billy chases Grim and Mandy is one to Scooby Doo's own chase scenes.
- Smelly Skunk: One that Billy mistakes for a kitty.